Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Ducati Monster alluminium tank

16K views 37 replies 19 participants last post by  fastgas 
#1 ·
hi guys i am a manufacturer of aluminum tanks, several months ago I made for my Italian customer the aluminum tank for his monster, I put you here under several photos, what do you think ????

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
That's beautiful.

The plastic tank monster users would be very interested if you are able to produce them at a reasonable cost.

Aluminum tanks from overseas are so expensive, they're worth almost as much as the rest of the bike. :D

Would it be rude to ask what you charge for such a thing?

#16 ·
I am interested in one of these tanks. I have some questions, though.

What years of Monsters do these tanks fit? I understand there is a difference in the fuel tanks between the various years of Monsters. Specifically, for the S4r of 2004 and newer (and all Monsters with plastic tanks), the position of the battery changed, from horizontal to vertical, and so the shape of the rear of the tank also changed.

I have a 2002 Monster S4, metal tank, horizontal battery, and would like to confirm that this tank will work on my bike.

Thanks!

#25 ·
That is a gorgeous looking tank. I have to take my hat off to your fabrication skills. I'm very interested in one of these. I'd like to ask you publicly about some of the features of your tanks please, in case anyone else has similar questions:

1. Do your tanks have the OEM configuration for the internal vent and overflow lines, as well as the fuel pump inlet and return lines?
2. What gauge/mm aluminium are they constructed from?
3. Are the hardware mounting points blind or open tapped?
4. Do your tanks accept the OEM fuel cap?

I'd be looking to fit it on a 2005 S4R, but since my bikes a bare frame project, I can change my fuel pump and battery configuration to the S4RS set up if that's easier, or an improvement (which by the looks of ease of maintenance it might be). When would you need my requested configuration by, and would you like a deposit?

Thanks for offering a group discount. Please consider me one of your customers.

#26 ·
The aluminum tank is configured the same as the original:
The internal ventilation lines are the same as the original
The aluminum used is 1.5 mm and it is the same one I use to produce Ferrari tanks.
All the tank fixing points are blind, even those of the fuel pump are blind even those of the filler cap.
You can mount the original tank cap.

#28 ·
Thank you Tecknorace for your response. That's the answers I was hoping for.

For anyone else considering ordering a tank from Tecknorace, for comparisons sake the aluminium thickness being used is thicker than the legendary tanks (16ga/1.3mm) and potentially the beater tanks (some are 1.2, some are 1.5mm depending on the model apparently), at a considerably cheaper price.

#29 ·
I wish I had known about you before I traded in my 2012 1100 EVO. I loved the bike and the air cooled engine but the plastic tank was always expanding. I would have bought your tank for $2100 or even 2100 euros (whichever the case might be) without hesitation. What a beautiful work of art. I would have hated to paint it.

#30 ·
Already posted a thread on my newly delivered tank from tecknorace and thought I’d share some pictures showing the quality of work and actual fit to bike - perfect. As there’s seemed some interest in this thresd I thought I’d respond here as well.

Attachments

#32 · (Edited)
For completeness here’s my finished tank fitted. Posted on another thread but just thought I’d post on this one. Some have raised the range of monsters this tanks fits. From what I extracted looking at parts lists the tank fits the following.
Range of monsters from 2004 to 2007 i.e 620,800,1000,S2R800,S2R1000.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.