Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
'06 S2R 1100 Custom, '12 SF 1040
231 Posts
Literally just bought a terminal removal kit. I’m sure picking your brain would be an enlightening experience, but for now, appreciating your artwork will suffice 👍

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
back after the break... I did relent and have a few hours in the workshop! next the hydraulics … I stripped everything down and cleaned the callipers and master cylinder up. the callipers came up well, but the anodizing on the master cylinders were poor… so I bead blasted them and have decided to leave them silver… All the seals were perfect, so I have reused these. I cleaned the callipers up in petrol with some very fine scotchbrite, being very gentle, they came up a treat.

looked at the switchgear and although its in great condition, the plastic sleeving was tatty… so I used some of the braided stuff, and some glue lined shrink wrap to finish it off… the braided stuff expands a lot, so no need to remove the terminals off the wire which is a bonus.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Time to start up soon… I am always aware that a rebuilt engine needs oil at first start-up, and while I always fill the filter before I screw it on, the oil cooler and pipes are empty, as are the oil ways, and the oil pump. I have therefore always used this method of giving the engine the best start in life I can and inject some oil into the system via the oil pressure switch port.

I used to do it on many of the race engines I have built in the past and it was always satisfying to take the oil filler cap off and see oil seeping out the rocker shafts or cam bearings. Either way I always turn it over until the oil warning light goes out… which unless you prime the oilways can be a worrying amount of time!

·
Registered
'06 S2R 1100 Custom, '12 SF 1040
231 Posts
Very nice.
Why do I feel like a lazy prick when I see how quickly you've gotten into this project?
Dude I feel the same way. @Buzzer is a master at this craft and watching his quick, creative turnarounds is always enticing, which almost makes up for him painting his bikes orange ;)

41 - 49 of 49 Posts