Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I am not sure if this is the right place to post this kind of thread. So, sorry on beforehand if it is not But I need help with my Ducati Monster 696',

So.. The engine on my Ducati Monster 696 2008 model is completely totalled and needs to be replaced with a new one entirely.

I have found a couple of used working engines, but I am not sure if they fit and if there is something that needs to be done before I can fit the engine and make it work with my bike.

One of the engines is from Ducati Monster 696 2010 model and the other one the from Ducati Monster 696 ABS 2014 model.

Can any of these fit? If yes, then is there something needs to be done from technical point of you? Something with the electronics?

And are there any other models that may fit?

All help will be appreciated! :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
just picked up an 09 monster 696 77k miles with a thrown belt and a valve reinstalled in the head sideways.:shitfan: I also got a super low mileage motor with the frame mount cracked on the case. If you guys want, I'll post picks while I pull the engine and swap the internals from the new motor into the old case.

So far with the bike, motor, brakes, tires, chain and gears, grips, belts, I'm gonna get my money's worth out of it...:ahhh:

·
Premium Member
5,476 Posts
Exactly. why not drop in the 796 crank and pistons into your 696 cases and have a stealth 796. I know some locations around the world tie the engine number to the frame number and if you swap to a larger motor you would need to re-certify for emissions. If the numbers do not change who is to know?

620 (probably 600 as well) can be bumped to 800 so I do not see why you could not do the same with 796 and get something more than a stock motor for all your effort.

·
Registered
2014 Ducati Monster 1200s
1 Posts
When the chain broke on my wifes 2009 696 and bent the shaft the front sprocket rides on, we replaced the engine too. We ended up getting a 2011 696 motor for hers and it managed to install without too much trouble though we had use of the lifts and tools at my shop. The engine is considered a part of the frame so it needs to be suspended. You can see pictures here if you want:

http://instagr.am/p/BX3U-H2AVhI/ http://instagr.am/p/BYCeN3EAZd0/

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
just picked up an 09 monster 696 77k miles with a thrown belt and a valve reinstalled in the head sideways.:shitfan: I also got a super low mileage motor with the frame mount cracked on the case. If you guys want, I'll post picks while I pull the engine and swap the internals from the new motor into the old case.
Can be welded also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts