Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I appologize in advance if this is the wrong place to ask this question. I have a Ducati 620c Dark Monster. Long story short I rode it work and left it on Park. The battery is drained and the ignition lights don't come up.
a. Now I have 2 choices pay 160+tax for towing to the dealership and get it started there (I am assuming that it would cost extra :( ) ? Really don't want to do that
b. Or can give it a push start ? I am not sure that whether the push start would work with a completely drained battery ?

Any idea ?

Thanks in Advance.

MQ

·
Registered
434 Posts
Hi Guys,

I appologize in advance if this is the wrong place to ask this question. I have a Ducati 620c Dark Monster. Long story short I rode it work and left it on Park. The battery is drained and the ignition lights don't come up.
a. Now I have 2 choices pay 160+tax for towing to the dealership and get it started there (I am assuming that it would cost extra :( ) ? Really don't want to do that
b. Or can give it a push start ? I am not sure that whether the push start would work with a completely drained battery ?

Any idea ?

Thanks in Advance.

MQ
If it's parked in a safe place, pull the battery and put it on a battery tender. It could bring it back to life. OR just buy a new battery for about ~$90.

The one time I accidentally left it in park, I left it for a week so the battery was toast. Buy you'll probably be OK if it was just a day at work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it's parked in a safe place, pull the battery and put it on a battery tender. It could bring it back to life. OR just buy a new battery for about ~$90.

The one time I accidentally left it in park, I left it for a week so the battery was toast. Buy you'll probably be OK if it was just a day at work.
Thanks for the quick reply. I don't have a battery tender. Plus I am not that familiar with the bike to be able to remove the battery. Hopefully the battery is not toast yet. I was wondering if I were to push it on a decline in 2nd gear and pop the clutch if that would start it ?
Have you ever tried that or know of anyone who has started their bike this way ?

MQ

·
Registered
266 Posts
I did the same thing the other night. I had a guy give m a jump start and put it on the tender when I got home. I have a 620 sport the battery is under the tank so I lost a little gas when I lifted it up but no much. Dose anyone have jumper cables?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did the same thing the other night. I had a guy give m a jump start and put it on the tender when I got home. I have a 620 sport the battery is under the tank so I lost a little gas when I lifted it up but no much. Dose anyone have jumper cables?
Not that I know off. I guess I have to take it to the dealership now. I will however give it one shot of trying to get it to push start in 2nd gear. I read it on a thread that it should work. Thanks for your help guys.

MQ

·
Registered
25 Posts
You will be shocked how EASY it is to open the tank and pop out the battery.

LIKE REALLY EASY.

I have a 620 Dark.

Pop the link tab on the front, take your seat off, take the tank up (make sure how to tip it too much at risk of having gas spill out), unscrew two screws, pull out battery. Done.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You will be shocked how EASY it is to open the tank and pop out the battery.

LIKE REALLY EASY.

I have a 620 Dark.

Pop the link tab on the front, take your seat off, take the tank up (make sure how to tip it too much at risk of having gas spill out), unscrew two screws, pull out battery. Done.
AFTER reading the manual I figured it out. You would think that a person should do that first. Anyways the bike is running fine now. Thanks all for help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts