Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, newbie here. I saw the chain on my 2018 Monster 1200S was a bit slack so I measured it and saw it was out of spec --not by much, but still out-of-spec. I loosened the pincher bolt and realized that the Monster 1200S (a $20K bike) doesn't come with that specialized hub wrench. So I set out to purchase one on Amazon --no biggie. But what about retightening the pinch bolt --I've scoured the manual and can't find the proper torque to retighten the bolt. I know it isn't that big a deal, but being that I shelled out for these expensive torque wrenches, I'd like to do it right. It's annoying as the Ducati manual seems to purposely skip steps / specs so you'd have to go back to the dealer to get things done, but I'd be frankly embarrassed to go there to have a bolt tightened or a chain slack adjusted --is there a 3rd party manual available yet? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, have you found anything?

Been trying to find a workshop manual for my 2019 Monster 1200S but nothing so far.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2018 Monster 1200 S
11 Posts

This parts diagram breakdown may be helpful. Just select your bike/year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It doesn't say and I can't even find the screw. Thought it was a M4x10 from the diagram but it's not possible because M4 is too small.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts