Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

does anyone here know what tool is needed to service the front fork (Opening the top fork nut with the holes)?

thanx :)

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
you can get ohlins tools pretty cheap on ebay, or someone like laser tools in the uk. there's quite a lot of people making tools these days, and ohlins tools are pretty generic - i only need a couple to suit lots of models. just measure across the pins to get the right tool.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you can get ohlins tools pretty cheap on ebay, or someone like laser tools in the uk. there's quite a lot of people making tools these days, and ohlins tools are pretty generic - i only need a couple to suit lots of models. just measure across the pins to get the right tool.
I tried to find the tool on ebay and Amazon, non of them (also laser) says its model specifitc.... Not sure which one is the correct (number of pins, distance between the pins).

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
I tried to find the tool on ebay and Amazon, non of them (also laser) says its model specifitc.... Not sure which one is the correct (number of pins, distance between the pins).
count the number of holes in your fork cap, measure across the cap between two opposite holes to find what diameter the holes are on. then ask one of the prospective suppliers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts