Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
svc.bmh.mc
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So . . I was at Ducati Minneapolis this afternoon and had a few service/maintenance questions for Fred Snyder. An employee informed me "Fred is no longer at Ducati Minneapolis". My first thought was "How can that be?"

Not sure if this forum is the proper place to ask, but I can't help but wonder what happened. I've been working with Fred since taking delivery of my GT1000 back in January of 2007 (when he was running Silverback), and have relied on him heavily over the years. Seems odd to not know where he is at.

Anyone out there know the story? Any idea what his new plans are?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. I haven't seen Fred the last couple of times I stopped in Ducati Mpls.

And yesterday when I looked on their (Duc Mpls) website and did not see Fred listed anywhere. Fred has always done right by me, been working with him for years. If he is working someplace else, I would like to know where.

·
Registered
576 Posts
giving this thread a bump. Any idea what he is doing now or where?

·
svc.bmh.mc
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Doug Lofgren is no longer with Ducati Minneapolis.

Fred Snyder is no longer with Ducati Minneapolis.

Sounds like Anthony Decker is leaving as well.

I sure miss those days at the crusty old shop under the bridge in St. Paul.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Doesn't sound real hopeful. Who will be left? Where will you be going for service?

Joe

·
Registered
940 Posts
Doug is over by Lew Lakey and Tod is still around. I'll probably use one of the two for my 916. The bigger quandary is what to do with my Pani since it is still under warranty. Although I bought it at MP, I was thinking DM, but now I'm not so sure. The last front I got for the bike from them was mounted backwards.....

·
svc.bmh.mc
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not sure what I'm going to do for ongoing service/scheduled maintenance. It just doesn't feel right at Ducati Minneapolis for me anymore. A few years ago those guys made me feel like a VIP. Those days are gone.

Has anyone worked with Wheels Unlimited in Rochester? I met a very nice fellow on a sweet Ducati a few months ago, and he insisted they are the best.

Not an ideal location, obviously, but maybe worth the effort for the real important stuff if they're as good as this gentlemen said.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Doug is over by Lew Lakey and Tod is still around. I'll probably use one of the two for my 916. The bigger quandary is what to do with my Pani since it is still under warranty. Although I bought it at MP, I was thinking DM, but now I'm not so sure. The last front I got for the bike from them was mounted backwards.....
Ducati Mpls mounted one of my tires backward also. did a quick change. Motoprimo a few years back had someone (not Todd) put a new rear on my 900ss and put the spacer in backwards. That did not work well.

Anyway, I'm going to try to find out if Todd Fisher is still at Motoprimo. He's a good mechanic and good guy. With all of these people leaving I wonder if a new shop will be opening somewhere soon. Likely not a dealer, but if needed I'll drive out to Tom Manley in WI. I've had very good advice/feedback from Anthony at Ducati Mpls, so hope he is staying.

·
Temporary greeter
23,089 Posts
You may want to give Doug Lofgren a jingle [email protected]. He may know or be able to help you.
Guys, Doug has done a great job of answering questions and spreading his knowledge on this forum. I have never dealt with him, but from reading his posts here, he is the guy that will be tuning my bike (s).

Shoot him an email. He may be able to help.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yes, the whole thing is changing.

Todd Fischer is the Facilities Manager at Northstar Balloons (the guy who owns MP is running NB) and I believe Todd is still working out of his garage.

I have had to put together yet another dyno cell this time at Roy's Repair. Lewis 'gets it' because he is a tuner.
I had been at the old MP building on 32nd but they decided that it cost them too much to keep the lights on. (Bill Madison still recieves and sets up new bikes, quads, & snowmobiles there.)

I don't talk to Fred any more. Enough said.

Through all of this I have been staying ahead of the curve on tuning. I can read and write and adjust the new Mitsubishi ECU (MTS1200, Diavel, 1199) as well as the Hyper VDO/Siemens/Continental ECU and the M-M IAW 5AM.

So, even though the tuning thing doesn't stay the same, it gets better.

Doug

·
Registered
117 Posts
Ducati Minneapolis has indeed changed a lot for the worse, very quickly too.. I have always gone to Delano Sport Center anyhow, and the main mechanic Leu is fantastic. The service guy Greg is easy to deal with, and there is never any BS. They drove out to my house to pick up my RC8, and dropped it off for free last year when it had a warranty issue. I've never been let down by DSC, other than they don't carry a lot of clothing and such. I never have had service at motoprimo, so I can't say about them though. Tuning though, Doug Lofgren is the guy to go to.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I purchased my 2011 SF from Moto Primo and did not care for them. I've been going to Delano Sport Center and have been dealing with Greg and lue. Both are great to work with and will go out of their way to help you out. As with Homegrown they even offered to pick my bike up for warranty work.

Sean

·
Registered
518 Posts
There are reasons for change. If you've been there lately you know what I mean. Opportunity for growth. Every time my wife and I go into that store we either want to buy or do buy something Iv'e spent nearly $500 bucks there durring the last few visits.

·
Smut peddler
1,210 Posts
I heard that Anthony is no longer the service manager. Is that true? Met him a couple times, and he was really helpful.

·
Smut peddler
1,210 Posts
Everyone from Silverback (Fred, Doug and Anthony) has left the dealership.
Do you know where Anthony ended up? I was hoping to have him do my 7500 mile service. Just when you get comfortable, they leave you. It's like my parents at the Grand Canyon all over again...:(

·
Registered
940 Posts
Do you know where Anthony ended up? I was hoping to have him do my 7500 mile service. Just when you get comfortable, they leave you. It's like my parents at the Grand Canyon all over again...:(
Sorry don't know where Anthony ended up.

I've been following Doug around for over a decade, although in the process of following Doug, have had Fred and Anthony also work on my Ducs.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I talked to Doug at Wheels Of Italy and he's working at Roy's Motorcycle Repair at that time.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Now Henry is gone too.... I have no idea what is going on, but I am uninterested in going to Mpls anymore... I'd love to know whats happening, but Delano has been good to me, so it doesn't really matter anyhow.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts