Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Ducati Maintenance Video

3887 12
Is there a Ducati maintenance video available showing how to adjust the valves and change the belts?
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
As I recall the pro-italia video is only for the two valve engine! My 2 cents is stay away from pro-italia! I know its just a video but they will find a way to mess up the sale!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the Pro Italia DVD. It's only for desmodue and the way they show how to measure the clearances works only if you have access to a shim kit, or if you think it's OK to go twice to your shop and change shims.

HOWEVER, it still shows very good the grips of adjusting valves. I'd say it's a good help, but doesn't tell you everything.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have the Ducati Video for Valve Adjustments

I bought mine from Moto Europa in Richmond Virginia. It was $75.. OUCH.. But it went step by step by step by step. Showing every Ducati tool and and how to use them and to what specs you should set the valves. I realized after watching it that there is no way that I could do it myself. It gives great commentation on how to do the work. I highly recomend it. It will give you a new appreciation of a authorized Ducati Mechanic.

This Video is directly from Ducati and it is not some hack in the backyard with a wrench and hammer.

·
Registered
2004 ST4s, 2016 Panigale 1299S
8 Posts
extrapilot said:
This what your bike should look like while doing a 4 Valver.
Hey Pilot,

It looks like your Duc doesn't have very good taste in beer! Why don't you splurge a little and buy her a Guiness, or Shiner Boch, or some local microbrew? Hasn't she earned it??? ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Badger_WI said:
Hey Pilot,

It looks like your Duc doesn't have very good taste in beer! Why don't you splurge a little and buy her a Guiness, or Shiner Boch, or some local microbrew? Hasn't she earned it??? ;)
She has many times over,.......... but her owner is just a cheap ass.
( I just knew I was gonna hear somthing about that bottle ):crazy:
:yeah:

'pilot

·
Registered
397 Posts
That photo looks familiar. I am going to be on the belts and valves in a little while. The ST4s is torn down and I am cleaning a bunch of parts right now. Boy I hope the rockers are in the same shape as last year. The valves should just need checked and I can bolt the bike back together.

Dave Harhay

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks...I ordered the Pro Italia DVD. Although for 2-valve, my mechanic at LETKO states setting the 2-valve is the vary similar to the 3-valve. Looking forward to the video.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Bill_Anderson said:
I tell myself that this is why I went to college, so I could pay someone to do it right the first time.
My wife would agree with you. The last service was $810 with only $250 in parts. Although I agree with her the service was well worth the cost, I get great pleasure from working on my BMWs knowing the work was done right.

I am a school trained auto mechanic from a different life. However, I also have an MBA from a private university. My problem is not having enough time. My pride tells me I shouldn't be paying someone to do a job I'm capable of doing. However, I just have no experience with Ducati valves.

My wife on the other hand (and so do I) believe its important to support the local dealers so they are around in the future. She tells me the mechanics with these limited skills also have families and financial obligations. She's also trying to convince me I need fourth bike. Gotta love the women.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.