Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a hold of a 1100 EVO motor from an Monster 1100.

I was wondering if a motor swap is feasible.

Will the swingarm on the S2R work? or one from a Hypermotoard?

How about the electronics? the crank sensor is about the biggest concern, and i hear you need to swap the gears out since the 1100 uses two sensors instead of one.

·
Registered
221 Posts
It will fit...

But, you will need an 1100 ECU, wiring harness, guage cluster, and all the other components... Not sure if the throttle bodies and intakes are the same.. Im gonna guess they arent.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well confirmed that it fits but theres about 2 thigns that im wondering right now.

1) How am i going to get the engine temp sensor to work? THe EVO motor has the temp sensor at the rear cylinder. and the S2R1000 has it on the oil screen and are wired differently. i was thinking about swapping the sensors but havent had time to try and do that.

2) The timing gears are different. there are 2 notches, 180 degree from each other on the EVO motor and only 1 notch on the s2r. That means the ecu now reads twice as many rpms. Id like to avoid going into the left side of the motor, but if i have to, i will swap the gears out. Im wondering if theres a setting on the ECU that can be told to read half the pulses.

for pics cehck out my blog at S2R1100 EVO (minus all that fancy shit) | Kui Xi He

1 - 6 of 6 Posts