Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have problem connecting phone app to talk to my bike.
i have bluetooth connection established but Ducati link App
cannot see my bike.
Is there anyone with this issue Who can help.
I have 2015 multi 1200s and Ducati Italy confirmed that
This model and year Should work ok.
please any suggestion.
thanks
Bob

·
Registered
435 Posts
About all I can say is sometimes it sees the bike and sometimes not. For whatever reason after a recent update, the app can no longer keep the screen awake even while moving so it’s dead useless to me.

·
Registered
435 Posts
... which reminds me, when they updated the app to become Ducati Link (used to be Multistrada Link), dealers had to apply a Bluetooth module software update. If you never got that update, the app won't work at all.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks
Yes previous app was working fine and then by switching to new one all that crap not working. I might go for Ducati software update but my motorcycle can connect to my phone so my Bluetooth connection works but not with Ducati link.

·
Registered
29 Posts
granted i would think that the 1260 software updates are different than the 1200, fwiw, i recently had my 1260 dash updated and using the latest ducati link app its worked without issue for 2 rides so far. I have a google pixel 4 (android) and 2 cardo packtalk bold's also connected to the ducati. I also have a garmin 396 (not the ducati branded one) and over the year I have owned the 1260 and 2 dash updates, I have never been able to pair the garmin with the ducati.

this isn't a just ducati thing, bluetooth kinda sucks as protocol when you try and connect multiple devices and profiles, it shouldn't, but it just does, no matter what the brand, etc. 🤷‍♂️ ... that being said, when you purchase something and they say all this stuff should work, it would be nice for it to work or for there to be better support.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Thanks
Yes previous app was working fine and then by switching to new one all that crap not working. I might go for Ducati software update but my motorcycle can connect to my phone so my Bluetooth connection works but not with Ducati link.
Yup, that's what they said would happen as well (I even got a notification that I would require a Bluetooth module update), and how it worked on my bike. I don't have the details, but the problem is not that the core Bluetooth protocol needs an update, but something about how it passes measurement data to the app. The new app expects the data to behave differently somehow. Once you get that BT module update, things will work again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts