Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
The Multi is a great all around bike.
I think it is best on really tight, twisty back roads.
Not as happy on the freeway or over 100mph.

Mark

·
Premium Member
8,739 Posts
The Multi is a great all around bike.
I think it is best on really tight, twisty back roads.
Not as happy on the freeway or over 100mph.

Mark
What really helped my freeway comfort was installing the MRA Vario windscreen. It stopped wind buffeting dead in its tracks.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Don't know about the 2010 model

But my 3 week old 08 1100s with 1800 miles now. Got rang pretty hard with the older sport bike riders yesturday. I've got her at 70 ft lbs of TQ now and it took every bit of it following them. The tall bike held the road coming out of the corners just under and over 100 surprised me how it held. At the end of the day the other riders where shot. But this multi rider was in good shape. I was dam near off the rear tire,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so she did get road pretty hard....................still sounds like a swiss watch.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I've owned my Multistrada for three years now racking about 20k miles since, and I've loved every mile of it.

The bike is very tall, and it rides more like a Cayenne than a Cayman. However, it does a very good job blending everyday functionality with intermittent enthusiastic riding.

The riding position is very upright with relaxed arms and legs. Perfect for long distance riding, but lacks the wind protection at high speeds. This can be easily addressed by switching the windscreen. Since the legs are relaxed, the footpegs are rather low and wide. During aggressive canyon twisties, I have found to scrape my footpegs too easily. The bike can be pushed harder and faster, but the footpegs alone stop you from reaching that limit.

The engine is quite reliable (there is a concern with some '03-'05 models with bad valves which can be replaced under warranty), but quite underpowered compared to other makes and models of similar function. Most naked and/or touring bikes now tout at least 120hp; the 'Strada 1000 gets much less. Not that the 'Strada is slow, but it can use a little more umph, especially with all the touring gear and a second passenger.

Here's my main point: the Multistrada gets a lot of things done, without being the master of any one particular thing. It is not the best in anything, but as a whole, it provides a whole lotta bike. It's a bargain if you find it used (its popularity is not its forte), and there are plenty of mods to make it your own.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts