·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
849 Posts
It is a knockoff. Some will argue that they are fine. I would stay away because of the potential lack of quality. Others on the board have their specific reasons to buy/avoid jackets such as these.

To see the real deal, go over to the Ducati Seattle store. Head toward the Seattle Center via I-5. It's right down on Lake Union just past Hooters and Bonefish. When you see Beppo's turn right and it's there. Great store and nice people (that is, if you haven't been there).

You are closer to Eastside Motorsports. I've never been there, but they may have a selection of stuff as well (again, if you haven't been there...).

·
Registered
341 Posts
Maybe you should read the feedback before you decide it is a good deal.... Make sure you read all the feedback, even the good. Apparently, these are homemade jackets.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Jason. Did go to Eastside Motorsports yesterday and will go to Ducati of Seattle this week. I'm sure they have way more than Eastside.

It is a knockoff. Some will argue that they are fine. I would stay away because of the potential lack of quality. Others on the board have their specific reasons to buy/avoid jackets such as these.

To see the real deal, go over to the Ducati Seattle store. Head toward the Seattle Center via I-5. It's right down on Lake Union just past Hooters and Bonefish. When you see Beppo's turn right and it's there. Great store and nice people (that is, if you haven't been there).

You are closer to Eastside Motorsports. I've never been there, but they may have a selection of stuff as well (again, if you haven't been there...).

·
Registered
96 Posts
Junk!!!

My wife bought me one on Ebay. It was poor quality...thin leather, cheap plastic inserts, did not fit properly. I sent it back over 2 months ago and still have not recieved a refund. Evanmacracer was the seller. Never, and i mean never purchase anything from this guy.

Found a used Dainese DP jacket and love it.

·
Banned
2,888 Posts
It appears to be the Pakistan special, regardless of where they say it is coming from. I bought a set back in 2006, had the pants come back with the knees at my ankles as I requested an alteration for my height. They look to be running from authorities as they are using established Ebay profile names without trying to look like a vendor. They are typically located in Canada, while manufacture takes place in Pakistan.

I did use my set religiously for a spell, but never had issues of them coming apart (never had a get-off). Fitment will never be anything like the real deal no matter what, and of course, they look nothing short of funny compared to official Ducati Dainese gear.

Look in the Classifieds here, there is a member selling off all his gear and in quite good condition for reasonable prices. Good luck!

DT

1 - 7 of 7 Posts