Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Obsessive/Compulsive collector
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard when the parking pass lotto begins? I did a quick search of the DNA site and had no luck. Hopefully, my luck pays off again. Hell, last year I had the pass, just that the bike didn't make it.

·
Premium Member
8,756 Posts
I was advised to check periodically the DNA website for info. It will be on various websites as fast as you can imagine when DNA puts out the word.
I'm considering a number of options since they will have a dedicated motorcycle lane going in and out of there. Plus, no cars allowed to park at the track unless you pay $50 (I'm sure there will be plenty of people doing that). I don't know if I'll be able to ride by then (I sure hope so) but I might just take that helicopter ride to and from. After all $200 is cheap, the last one I took cost 10 grand.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Ahh....what are you guys talking about?:confused:

·
Premium Member
8,756 Posts
Inside track parking on "Ducati Island" at Laguna Seca for MotoGP in July. Ducati traditionally has a large area surrounded by a pond designated Ducati Island. Its promotional area for Ducati and also previleged parking for Ducati motorcyles, its a neat deal. Due to the high interest of MotoGP, there was basically a first come first serve sign up sheet posted. Those who jumped on it first with proof of ownership received a pass to park on the island. Its great because you ride directly into the middle of the track instead of parking in bumf___k Idaho.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I sent an e-mail to customer service at DNA and they said to keep ckecking back periodically.

·
Registered
463 Posts
thanks for the info.:)

·
Registered
68 Posts
How is it?

I am currently planning on conning the wife into taking a "romantic" trip to Napa valley and San fran and casually watch the motogpo race. I be driving a rental car and wanted to know if you guys could let me in to what I should expect from the Ducati Island, Parking (car), general scene?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,756 Posts
Tuga008 said:
I am currently planning on conning the wife into taking a "romantic" trip to Napa valley and San fran and casually watch the motogpo race. I be driving a rental car and wanted to know if you guys could let me in to what I should expect from the Ducati Island, Parking (car), general scene?
Thanks

You sneaky dude you. Anyway, forget about Ducati Island if you have a car. Cars are restricted this year, unless you want to pay $50 to park inside the track grounds on some hill. You have to have your entrance tickets in advance to buy the parking pass. Otherwise you have to park at Cal State Monterey and be bused in. Laguna will have 70 buses working that day. I think its a great improvement, Ducati Island sounds even more attractive with inside the track parking and dedicated entrance/exit roads only for motorcycles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts