Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone.
i have a question regarding a 1098s that i purchased from insurance company. The bike is just purchased didnt come with keys so now i need to buy the whole ignition setup. Dash,ecu,keys etc. i was looking in ebay for setups but, i can only get the setups for 1098 regular and i have a 1098s with full termi on it. the question is does is matter if i purchase the setup for the 1098 regular and not the S model.

·
Registered
83 Posts
You definately don't have to replace the dash (assuming it's still on the bike). The 1098 isn't like the older bikes that had the red key. I'd call a dealer and see if they can help you. I'm sure that you'll have to prove that you own the bike and it's not stollen. You'll likely need a new ignition switch/key and you might need a new ECU (the two are keyed together by the chip that is in plastic part of the keys). It won't be cheap but at least you don't need a dash.

By the way, the ECU tells the dash what to do so if you get a DP ECU for your exhaust you'll be all set. No difference in the dash from a base to an "S"

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok so you telling me that i only need to get the ecu and ignition switch/key to get the bike running again? and can you explain what is a DP Ecu?

·
Registered
83 Posts
yep, just the ignition switch with key and possibly a Ducati Performance ECU (DP ECU) like the one that would have come with the full Termi exhaust. You're going to have to have a dealer electronically match the new keys to the ECU... or old ecu if they can. Check with your dealer for confirmation.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanx now let me get an dp ecu and switch with key. good thing that i dont have to buy the dash since i had to do that on my 04 749 before

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just finish talking to a guy on seattler and he told me that the 1098 inmobilizer is not like the 999 model. the inmobilizer is on the dash and key and it does't include the ecu like the older 999 did. so he told me that i just need to get a new dash with matching keys and it will work with my bike without having to buy a new ecu

1 - 6 of 6 Posts