1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
D

·
0 Posts
A couple of days ago I've read somewhere (can't remember where though...) that the first "pre-production" Hypermotards were seen around Bologna doing some road testing.

That's good news I guess, they are going to make it as it seems, maybe without the magnesium bits but it will be here soon after all.

I like it very much.

Doc

·
Super Moderator
8,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Hypermotard will be offered as part of the line-up as off 2007.
That is straight from "the horses mouth" so to speak.

It will be offered as 1000DS first with 620ie to follow 2008 or 2009. Mag bits seem like they will not be on the bike, but the mirrors seem to have been okey´d. Slipper clutch is also a very real possibility to come as standard equipment.

When they launched the bike (a Monday), they asked the public what they thought of it (Tuesday-Thursday) and then the board of Directors decided on putting it into production on Friday. Fast moving..

I´m hoping the bike will be priced between a Multi and a Multi S... Seems resonable, if you consider what parts are being used.

//amullo

D

·
0 Posts
Thanks for the "inside" info amullo :). So things are even better than I thought, slipper as standard ?!? As for the price, if it's as you said then I bet it will be another deeeeeep breath for the Ducati financialy wise.

Cheers,

Doc

·
Super Moderator
8,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The "source" of info in my post is usually reliable.. He/She has been right in the past, so I´m hoping the info is correct aswell.. I love the Hypermotard,. If i was to get another bike, that would definatly be on my short list.

//amullo

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have already decided on my next Ducati. It will definitely be the Hypermotard.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
That bike looks really cool ... and being a motard, probably so much fun to ride. Now, the big question .... HOW MUCH?! At least two drz400sm's fer sure :D

·
Bobaganoosh
2,048 Posts
I would imagine about the same ballpark as the KTM 950 Supermoto(12k). I may hold off on a Multi for this bad boy, but I dont know if I can go back to MX style riding with putting my leg out in corners. Regardless the bike is hot!!! Terblanche got something right.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
sick sick sick sick

been eyeing this as a possible next bike

IMO, would make a good commuter for me

but what about the price!?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts