Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

121 - 124 of 124 Posts

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
-- I am getting older and can't really 'assume the position' for any length of time anymore.

The Diavel is a kick is kick in the pants fun and not Japanese. The Ducatista around here either hate it or ignore it but am too old to really care.
My little dig was not to besmirch another model as anything beloved by one has inherent value. It was more to the point of some not knowing what they want. BTW, these old bones don't assume a position for long either.

·
Registered
662 Posts
.....I would urge anyone with a well kept air cooled version of any vintage to hang on to it. Keep it in nice condition because the writing is on the wall and they will be a thing of the past.
Just look at the prices the 70's bikes are bringing. These bikes are HARD to come by so the next thing will be the bikes from the 80's and 90's .....
Not everything from Ducati is skyrocketing in value. Singles have leveled off, GTSs, Darmahs and parallel twins are holding their own and that's about it. Same thing with Pasos and '90s SSs. I'd say the formula is pretty simple, if there is a cache, if production was limited, they were popular in the day and they look good, value will go up. That describes the roundcase twins and early bevel SSs and hence the appreciation in value. To me, if the machine means something to you, keep it. Maybe you'll get lucky and it will appreciate in value.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I don't want my SS to appreciate. I want to ride it, and therefore want there to be a large supply of cheap spares for years to come!

The superbike guys don't like the SS because they paid so much more than we did for a bike that doesn't look as good and can't lose us in the twisters. I have a buddy who just traded his Multi for an 848. He likes my SS but wanted something new. I rode his 848 and decided I'm never selling my SS!

121 - 124 of 124 Posts