Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
part number 552.4.031.2B is a sensor . (instruments) Whats it sensing?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Jedi power sensor. Or a Mojo Fitzer Valve sensor. Be sure to check the ball bearings and add 20-50 Castrol as needed ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Official Retired Person
7,485 Posts
A quick Google search showed me that is an atmospheric sensor. Feeds info for the fuel injection control. Probably about $80 to $100 US. You should be able to buy it online and replace it yourself. I would guess no other tuning or adjustment required.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,048 Posts
Air temp sensor. Tells the ECU to tell the throttle body to add or reduce Air fuel mix.
This sensor has been used to attach fuel mix adjusters gizmo's somewhat like the FatDuc gizmo that attached to the Lambda sensor so you could fool the bike to give more fuel.
New one is about $95USD if you would like to order one from me
you may be able to find a used one on eBay or on Gotham cycles site.

By the way
The one for the GT is the Bosch as well as any 2007 and up Sport classic
2006 uses a Magneti Sensor

This will also make a difference when flashing the ECU. It has to know this or you get weird idea and/or performance

part number 552.4.031.2B is a sensor . (instruments) Whats it sensing?

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys ......... that's not my problem then.

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Would not start sometimes.Battery was shot so fitted a new one and everything was running as it should but it developed a habit of not recognizing the key over a few months and it needed to be tuned off and on a few time before it would start.Now the immobilizer light and engine warning light just stay on and it will not start at all.Battery is full charged and I have checked all the connections ,earths etc.I have power to the solenoid.If I bridge that the engine cranks over but without spark.Have checked clutch and side cut out switches even though the bike is in neutral.
Still need to check key antenna,kill switch and ECU tomorrow but pretty sure the immobilizer is not being deactivated.
Have no bypass code but do have a red key so will try that tomorrow once I found out how to use it.

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Did you reflashed your ECU?
No has Termi ECU that came came with the air box cover and termi muffler kit. According to some threads I have read the DP performance ecu which is part of that kit disables the immobilizer but I don't know if that is true?
Regardless the bike has run fine for 11 years with it's current set up and in another thread I read this.(I have 2 flashes before light just stays on)

(possible immobilizer system faults):
- the immobilizer is trouble-free if the led (1) is off
- a flash indicates a communication error between the decoder in the instrument panel and engine control unit via serial line ISO 9141/ 5
- two flashes indicate a failure of the inserted key, the antenna on the ignition switch or both
- three flashes indicate that the inserted key has not been acknowledged by the system
- four flashes indicate that the engine control unit is programmed but the decoder in the instrument panel is not programmed

If one of the above cases under "third flashing indication" occurs, the engine cannot be started.

Hopefully I will get it figured out soon but in the mean time I will just have to rely on my old 89 900ss which has the ugliest most hacked wiring loom in history but has proven utterly reliable in all weathers over many years.:wink2:

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
No has Termi ECU that came came with the air box cover and termi muffler kit. According to some threads I have read the DP performance ecu which is part of that kit disables the immobilizer but I don't know if that is true?
Regardless the bike has run fine for 11 years with it's current set up and in another thread I read this.(I have 2 flashes before light just stays on)
I have the DP ECU w/Termi and the immobilizer is not disabled assuming the flashing LED is an indicator of a working immobilizer system. Never have had an issue with my system.
Are other keys or fobs attached with the key? Maybe there's interference? If so, use only the bike key with nothing else near it.

·
Premium Member
6,048 Posts
#1 keep the red key away from the bike.

Check the Regulator for dark wires, Crack in the epoxy.
Some of the symptoms you mentioned sound like the Regulator because the problem started with the battery.

Have you had this put on a computer to check for error codes?

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It has a new Electrix mosfet R/R so doubt it's the problem.Anyway the Cpu is in getting the immobilizer disabled so will soon know .Will most likely get it sorted properly at a later date But he wanted the whole bike to retain immobilizer but only cpu to disable it so took the easy route for now.
As he pointed out the immobilizer would not deter a professional thief from taking the bike if he really wanted it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts