Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ahoy - couldn't find existing thread to help my situation. I'm rather green with bike maintenance... just learned how to use voltmeter :)

Situation: spent July 4th weekend riding through VT Green Mountains on my 2008 GT1000. 5 days later and bike has zero power, zilch happens. The amber immobilization light is off as well. Double checked the battery and fuses, both good. Any pointers on where to start? Seen this before?

Variables which may be of interest:
- Fender elimination kit causes the turn signals to occasionally flick fast, and license plate light doesn't work... the kit is poorly made. Could this lead to complete shutdown? If so, why?
- Had to wash bike post trip, but it was all hand and low pressure hose. Bike worked just fine after wash for 1.5 days
- Only 9k miles... spotless, serviced by shop regularly, and always stored in good environment

Many thanks in advance.

D

·
Super Moderator
5,079 Posts
Did you check the big 30 amp fuse? Some of the OEM fuses are of questionable quality. Folks have found that one to look good visually but actually be cracked and non-functional. If that's okay you may want to focus your attention on the key switch.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts