Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up Ducati.ms members?!? I'm fairly new to the group and to owning a Ducati, or any motorcycle for that matter. I purchased a red 2007 GT with 950 miles on the clock during the later stages of 2019. Needless to say I love it and have begun looking into customizing it. I have combed through this thread seeking information and want to thank everyone for the help that it has provided me already. I want to apologize in advance if I drag anyone into a topic which has been previously covered. It seems like I'm late to the party on many outdated threads. Please bear with me and my many questions. Has anyone recently purchased a LED fender eliminator kit from JC/PAKBikes or Motobox? Given they're both still available for purchase, is one preferable over the next? Or maybe another option all together? I'm also considering pulling the trigger on the Diopla (Ducati-Kaemna.com) mono seat if they're still available. From what I've gathered, it seems the one Dutch had made up from Star-Ace is exceptionally nice but unfortunately not worth the risk. Last question, apologies, my bike came with the wind screen installed. I began removing it to find that I need new hardware (shorter screws) once the wind screen is removed. Has anyone been through this before? Thanks in advance! I hope all of you and yours have been able to maintain health and prosperity through this pandemic.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Congratulations Blaiz. Hell of a find w <1000 miles? Wow.
I have same year and color and I have one of those led jpak tail light thingies which is in the spares box. I can’t see myself using it, my preference is original look. Btw my only mods are stainless Termi exhaust w db killers, k-n filter pods, DP ecu, 39t rear sprocket(I think it’s a 39) 11k miles. Shoot me a message if you’d rather take the tail light thing off my hands rather than getting a new one.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congratulations Blaiz. Hell of a find w <1000 miles? Wow.
I have same year and color and I have one of those led jpak tail light thingies which is in the spares box. I can’t see myself using it, my preference is original look. Btw my only mods are stainless Termi exhaust w db killers, k-n filter pods, DP ecu, 39t rear sprocket(I think it’s a 39) 11k miles. Shoot me a message if you’d rather take the tail light thing off my hands rather than getting a new one.
Thanks! Yea, at first I was very skeptical that the mileage might have been tampered with. Among other factors, I became enough of a believer when I realized that the bike was still fitted on the original tires. Thanks for the offer and response!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Welcome to the mania. Like RKGT said, sweet find.. under 1,000 miles for a 13 year old bike! I take it you've gone through all the fluids, all maintenance stuff (like timing belts, etc.) up to date?
Probably want to get those tires replaced too.. ;)

For the windshield, is it the Ducati Performance touring windshield? If so, it makes sense that you will need the shorter original bolts. I have that windshield kit (tried it, didn't like how it put the wind right in my face, and took it off), and I recall a bracket going under each handlebar "U-bolt" (as Ducati calls them) that added about 1" of rise to the bars. You could measure the bolts you have and subtract the height of the windshield brackets the bolt passes through from their length to calculate the correct length bolts to use without the windshield. The part number for the original bolts looks like 771.5.756.8B (from parts manual below). What diameter/ pitch they are, I'm not sure. Perhaps someone else can chime in on that. If you get a generic bolt, make sure it's a quality, correct grade item.

Some documents that might help..
Here's the windshield installation instructions: GT1000 DP Touring Windshield Installation Instructions
Here's parts catalog from Ducati of Omaha's site: GT1000 Parts Manual

Best of luck with the new bike! Keep us posted ! (y):)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man! This has been so helpful. Thanks so much. It is the stock Ducati touring windshield. I absolutely will check this out and keep you posted.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I would humbly suggest you replace tires as a safety issue before tackling any cosmetic or performance changes. Congratulations on your new ride!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Jeff for the advice and your concern! Yes agreed, new tires were the first thing I checked off the list. The previous owner gave me a European Motorsports Mechanic receipt stating that the oil and filter were changed and replaced, a copper gasket was replaced, air filter was replaced, two timing drive toothed belts were replaced and a new spark plug. I intend to have the bike looked over again by my own mechanic before she goes on the road. Anything else you guys know of that I need to look into before I declare her road worthy?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts