Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sadly my local Ducati dealer is going out if business and liquidating inventory at dealer cost. Its an amazing dealer and I hate to see them go but figured some people here may be interested...

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
that's to bad, I made a couple of trips there and they seemed a good bunch.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Greensboro NC without a Dealer. Again.

Ducati Greensboro has closed their doors. The (two wheeled) inventory was to be picked up today.
Now I have to decide in which direction I want to drive 90-100 miles to get to a dealer for service, unless the Ducati extended warranty will let me use a local (Ducati trained) mechanic. Looks like I'll be putting a trailer hitch on my VW Camper.

·
Green owner of Red MTS1200
151 Posts
100 miles isnt bad if the roads are nice and the views are plenty
And the dealer has his sh!t together ready for the work and reasonable parts inventory.

260kms each way for me either Canberra or Sydney.

Cheers John

·
North Carolina, USA
3,320 Posts
Hated to see that too. If Thomas Performance is back in business, that's where I'll be going. I got my last two bikes from Greensboro (CarolinaEuro and then Greensboro Duc), primarily because I was impressed with their tech staff. We have a new Duc shop down here in Fayetteville, but I know nothing about their mechanics. I'd rather trailer the bike up to TP for service, if that is still an option.

Edit: I also bought two Ducs from Myers in Asheville, and thought they were good. It's just too far for me to go for service.

Edit #2: Spoke to Bobby. Thomas Performance is still in business. That is where I'm going. 90 miles each way, but worth it for peace of mind.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Hated to see that too. If Thomas Performance is back in business, that's where I'll be going. I got my last two bikes from Greensboro (CarolinaEuro and then Greensboro Duc), primarily because I was impressed with their tech staff. We have a new Duc shop down here in Fayetteville, but I know nothing about their mechanics. I'd rather trailer the bike up to TP for service, if that is still an option.
I'm going to call Bobby and see if he will be able to do warranty work. I'll at least see him for any regular service. He is a great mechanic and I always liked working with him, at both dealers. I figured the shop would close when he and Nate left. I just thought it would last through summer. I liked working with the guys there. It really sucks for them. I still have a job.

I don't mind the ride to a dealer 100 miles away IF I don't have to leave it overnight. Unless I get a loaner.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts