Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this today and must admit I am intrigued not only for what it will bring (or not) for Ducati, but also of this point-gathering system on this new website. Essentially, as I gather, you hype Ducati and eventually can redeem your "points" on Amazon for free crap.

http://www.mediapost.com/publications/?fa=Articles.showArticle&art_aid=114647

I don't really dig on web stuff much. Thoughts?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I suppose its a good way to market. I personally wouldn't do it though, mainly because I don't network much, so I would never get around to posting it anywhere.

Hell, I didn't even do this one program where you take surveys that come to your email for money. Takes to long for anything worthwhile in my opinion.

:think:

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
It is another facet of Ducati's shift to a younger market, which has been going on for several years.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I have an unnatural distrust of the internet, but I figured screw it, and I signed up. Once I accumulate 17,000 points, I can get some shot glasses. Yay. but there is some cool stuff on there, you just have to accumulate a boatload of points.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here they go again.

Ducati's pushing their internet campaign again, giving away passes to 2010 events if you whore out your facebook page. I still question how useful this is, but if they keep rolling out these online campaigns, it must be working enough.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Didn't the world become internet-y in like 1995?

Also, I hate point systems. Like bonzo said, 17,000 points and I get a shot glass. Cool.....?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^^ Yeah as far as business and promotion go in general, the world IS the internet nowadays. I just thought motorcycling, along with a few other specific industries, was an interesting world to try to integrate into the "global community," since part of the allure of riding (for me at least) is the ability to just jump on, take off, and leave everything but the ride behind for a few hours [or longer].

1 - 10 of 10 Posts