Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched the forum for install tips and can see how the brackets are used, but I am unclear about the plug and play wire. Can I get to the plug without removing plastic? Can I get to the attachment point in the left air box without pulling off the side panels?

·
Premium Member
12,284 Posts
Yeah you can fish it in there.
Pull the fuse before you get to splicing ....
Did you get the Ducati GPS or the Cheaper (Just as good ?) Garmin one?

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Yeah you can fish it in there.
Pull the fuse before you get to splicing ....
Did you get the Ducati GPS or the Cheaper (Just as good ?) Garmin one?
you don't need to splice a wire, the power point has a plug already installed, just pull it out, attach your gps power wire to it and pug it back in. Also the left side plastic is pretty simple to get off, two or three screws I think. Take it off so you can see what your doing. easy peesy.

·
Registered
275 Posts
In specific answer to the questions:

Yes, the plug is accessible without removing any panels. It's quite easy to plug the unit in without using any tools. It is not, however, necessarily easy to route the cable to the handlebars without removing the side panel.

Yes, the mounting point for the fuse and transformer (which is just a plastic bracket onto which the rubber holder slides) is accessible without removing the side panel. I was unable to get it on, though, even using soapy water and, eventually, K-Y as lubricants. I was afraid I was going to break the bracket or the holder if I pushed any harder.

As noted above, it's much better to go ahead and remove the left side panel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts