Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
9,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it looks like Rossi's tactics/threats have worked.

Filippo Preziosi is hinting at a different engine and chassis specification (GP12.2.1?? haha) for use by Laguna Seca.

I also like how he outright says:

“We believe that a bike Valentino likes, is a good bike for all riders,” he said. “We are following the direction he suggests at the best of our capability, which is not enough right now to be faster than Honda. But for sure we will try in the direction that Valentino shows us.”
And

“We give Jeremy 100% freedom to define with Valentino what the best set-up is. As Ducati, our duty is just to supply material.

“We can suggest what our ideas are, but the final decision, day by day, practice by practice, is made by Jeremy speaking with Valentino."
Looks like Ducati might have gotten their heads out of their asses, and all it took was Rossi hinting that he might leave. Maybe a bit of pressure from Marlboro might have forced their hand, or even Dorna (let's face it, Rossi has kept Dorna's pockets fat)...

from: http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/179463/1/ducati_full_upgrade_package_for_laguna_seca.html

This coming after the UK's The Daily Telegraph reported new rumors that Rossi has told his inner circle he's gonna quit MotoGP all together by Misano :rolleyes::rolleyes:

from: http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/179465/1/valentino_rossi_to_quit_motogp.html

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
yep.. i watched that interview on the MOTOGP sight.... pretty interesting indeed. there was a lot more to it than what was printed in the article...

·
Come in Spinner :)
7,654 Posts
Stoner must be laughing his arse off.

·
9,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Castle Anthrax
203 Posts
At this point, when we see it (a COMPETITIVE MotoGP Ducati), we'll believe it.

I have my doubts.

Besides, if Rossi even gets close to the front, CS and JL will probably be able to turn up the wick just a bit more.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Stoner must be laughing his arse off.

My thoughts exactly.

Every time they come out with a new package, there's a break in peroid. They'll be talking the same garbage all throughout 2012 that they talked all throughout 2011. They'll be saying that they need more time, more testing. They need to stick with a bike and make it work, not change bikes every time Rossi farts the wrong way. What about what Hayden wants? His results overall have been better that Rossi. What a fiasco!:D

·
Registered
316 Posts
At this point, when we see it (a COMPETITIVE MotoGP Ducati), we'll believe it.

I have my doubts.

Besides, if Rossi even gets close to the front, CS and JL will probably be able to turn up the wick just a bit more.
I'm pretty sure their wicks are already at full tilt just from racing with each other. At least we know Lorenzo has been pushing at 100%. In Estoril and Jerez, he threw everything he had at Stoner to no avail. Does Stoner have more in the tank? Who knows. The guy seems untouchable right now.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Stoner really seems to be on a different planet sometimes. he is THE alien.
Yep. You may not like the guy but you've got to respect him. He's insanely fast, and he did things on that Ducati that looks like will never be done again.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hmmm......I don't think that what Preziosi said is very encouraging to the Ducati/Rossi relationship at all. To me it looks like Preziosi is just trying to pass the buck to Burgess and Rossi in case the upgrade package doesn't work. If the Desmosedici continues to fail, he can simply say that the factory gave them exactly what they wanted and wash his and Ducati's hands of any responsibility for the lack of success in development.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
What's retarded is how Stoner is having issues with chatter and bum pump and he's still walking all over Lorenzo and Pedrosa...
Yep just like he had issues with his Ducati the last 2 to 3 years and still won races. Can't say that about anyone riding a Ducati now except for the they have issues part:D .

·
7,654 Posts
The thing about the Stoner v Rossi melodrama is simply this:
Stoner would ride the bike at 110% and dump it occasionally to try to win and gather data for the team so they could fix the problems, which they didn't do for him.
Rossi rides it at around 90% and goes back with irrelevant data (they can't really tell what the bikes doing at 90%) gets all the modifications he & Jeremy ask for no expense spared and still plays mind games with the public, fans and team owners to cover the fact he's just not winning and Jeremy doesn't know how to make that happen with the cards he's being dealt.
As each race comes and goes the expression on Jeremy's face becomes more resigned, dissapointed and philosophical, I really feel for the bloke.
Even some of Valentino's most ardent fans must be becoming disapointed with this scenario.
Time to either shit or get off the pot for his own good.

·
7,733 Posts
“We are working on improving the driveability. Part of this is an engine that has more torque at low rpm and less power at high revs, to help when you open the throttle at full lean.”

So make it more like a superbike engine. :)

·
7,654 Posts
Or play with the electronics.

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Pretty sure the performance of the Ducati and Valentino, have helped Jeremy decide to retire later this year.
How long has Valentino and Jeremy been working together?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Did he say anything else that was interesting or does the article pretty much sum up all the important bits?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
the article pretty much sums it all up...
The man did talk about how some of the changes are inside of the crank cases... and some are not.... when it comes to the new engine modifications.

He also mentioned that right now, they are not opening the throttle bodies at low RPM's... not at all right now... because the torque is more than what the chassis is able to use...

He mentioned there are some new engine technologies as a solution towards the drivability as well... (?)

not sure if more torque is going to help if the chassis is already having trouble... but he did mention that there are some different activities on the chassis side as well...

he seems to repeat himself a lot when speaking in english...
we will see...

·
Registered
477 Posts
Rossi should just take one of his championship winning M1's from his display garage, paint it Ducati tricolour, slap on some decals and ride that.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts