Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I though I would post up here and see if anyone was interested.

Every Sunday morning in Glastonbury, CT we have a meet up of Ferrari and Ducati owners though it has been expanded recently to all european motorsports.

We typically have about 15-20 Ferraris, some Lambos, Fiats, Lotus, etc and anywhere between 4-20 bikes..mostly Ducati with some MV and other makes tossed in.

The location is at Sommerset Square in Glastonbury, behind the starbucks at 9am every Sunday, weather permitting.

If you are coming off of Rte 3, go straigt off of the exit for downtown Glastonbury. It puts you into a rotary. Go 3/4 of the way around and take a right. This puts you behind the main shop entrance. Take another right and you will see all the cars/bikes down near the end. We take up a fair chunk of the parking lot so you really cant miss us.

Here are some pics from previous meets though I have been slacking and I havent posted any new ones in the last month or two.

http://picasaweb.google.com/grellk/FerrariDucatiMeets#

If you have any questions, please post here or PM me.

Hope to see you on Sunday!

Michael (White 848)

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
There was a CT riders thread with complaints of not enough group meets :). This sounds like a nice spot to meet up. I'll check my calendar and family commits for Sunday June 14, hopefully I can get out there this coming weekend. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Sounds like a good little meet you got going, I might have to ride down with some of my buddies

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The weather is theoretically cooperating with us this Sunday morning, and if so, I will be out on my 848. I hope to see some of you other Duke riders!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm gonna try to make it tomorrow if the weather is decent. I'll try to be there for 9 but it might be more like 9:30-9:45.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Weather is grey but sun peeking through at times. should be decent for a run. I can only stay today until about 10:30 so I hope to see you all there beforehand.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I'm right down the road. Won't be able to make it out for a few weeks due to work. But I'll get there eventually.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was a fun meet despite the weather and had more than a handful of bikes and cars. I hope to see more of you next week! and NP Shez, it sucks that you have to work weekends, but we will be there until late fall so definitely stop by when you get the chance.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
CoolDuc, I am in Brookfield and I can tell you the meeting spots are few and far between. NEDOC has some rides/meets, but not often do they go as far south as we are.

Some what direct west of here, I know Bear Mountain NY is area is popular, but it seems those are driven by "sports classic" riders mostly. Not that they discourage other types of bikes from what I can see...I have riden the area but not with a group ride.

Always a good spot, the Marcus Diary in CT on any Sunday AM (8:30 to 10:30ish is peak) will get a decent turn out of DUCs, however "group rides" before or after that event are splintered....its more a social meeting spot.

The group up in Glastonbury (from my one visit a few weeks ago) is small but, very nice gathering of folks...and I love looking at the Ferrari's ...and all were very nice folks BTW. The sad part is from lower CT area that meet area needs to take on some rather boring slab riding.

looking for something similar in Fairfield County. Thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Holy crap, it looks like it *may* actually stop raining for the first time in 2 months. If so, I will be at Glastonbury! Hope to see you there.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I opted for the meeting spot local to me at Marcus Dairy and a local ride today.

Holy crap, it looks like it *may* actually stop raining for the first time in 2 months. If so, I will be at Glastonbury! Hope to see you there.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I opted for the meeting spot local to me at Marcus Dairy and a local ride today.
Hi DMCTRUBY,

I haven't been to the Dairy in at least a couple of years. I had heard that they sold the property and were going to build a strip mall there ? Was that just a false rumor ? Is the restaurant still there ? I'd love to go back there some Sunday as you could see more variety of bikes than any other place.

Thanks
Oz

PS - Did we meet at NEDOC MotoGP viewing party at Cliffs last year ?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Super Sunday still going strong. Yes the old diner is still there and up and running. There are normally somewhere between 10 and 20 ducs. By 11:00 the place is normally pretty empty so the peak is 8:30AM to 10:30AM.

Not sure what the status of the "sale" is. Not sure the dairy is still there...I don't recall seeing the milk delivery truck fleet in the back...but the event is still going strong and total bike turn out has been good. This Sunday weather was perfect and I would say they were probably 400+ bikes there

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will have to head up that way. I havent been to the dairy in many years.

On the other hand, we had some fun this past sunday. Lots of great cars, awesome bikes, and a ride after the meet. One of the guys even brought a 916 pocket bike!

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Well if your thinking about heading down let me know. I know some nice rides in the area and can even keep you headed north west from Marcus and by-pass at least part of the boring slab ride from Danbury up to Waterbury.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I will have to head up that way. I havent been to the dairy in many years.

On the other hand, we had some fun this past sunday. Lots of great cars, awesome bikes, and a ride after the meet. One of the guys even brought a 916 pocket bike!

DM, that photo came out great! You should make it your sig.

Are you heading down to Glastonbury this Sunday?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I was going to give it another try this this coming Sunday. Keeping an eye on the weather. If its nice I'll be heading up.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts