Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up to prevent others from grief. I went on a 2 day offroad trip, and stopped to get gas. When I went to lift off tank bag, the whole ring mounting system was dangling. So if you have one, open it up, and gently pull back the edge of felt at each Philips screw securing the lower mounting ring. These little screws go down through to the ring, with nuts on the bottom. While the nuts are recessed to keep from turning, they are not captive. I only had 1 nut left, all the others had fallen out. The philips head screws have a thin nylon washer under them, which is flimsy and falls apart allowing screw to loosen. I am getting tiny stainless washers to replace the nylon, and blue Loctite to prevent this from happening again. It was so close to falling off tank, with my phone and radar and glasses in there.

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
I had the same issue in 2016 on my 15. Posted about it too but people don’t search for this until they have the issue. The tank purse is IMO relatively poor quality... and WAY overpriced. Mine is starting to fall apart after less than 4 seasons.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts