Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I hear airplanes
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm needing help with my ds1100 powered project.

Motor and wiring are from a hyper. Have the 5.9 ECU. Don't have a hyper dash, which I understand is an issue if I want to use one.

ANY reason why someone couldn't reprogram the ECU and I could use a different dash instead? Like a 999 one (cheap used) or an aftermarket setup (like motogadget)?

Any reason why the ECU has to have a dash hooked up to run if it's been "flashed" ?

I want to get this thing running for the least amount of $$$, then breathe on it later if needed.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
As far as the ECU goes the only difference from model to model is the software on it. I used the original ECU from my ST3 and had it flashed to use on my Monster.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Theo, if the plug is the same, chances are you can run a different dash unit. Not sure of your options in your case, but the pin-out on the 999 and 1098 series are the same... Barring TC function etc. I was looking at throwing an 848 dash on my 749

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
I hear airplanes
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have someone on a 999 stopping by today...ill see if it wont plug in at least....I know it won't plug into a mnater s4rs dash

sent from my jitterbug

·
I hear airplanes
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope, hyper dash plug is different.

sent from my jitterbug

1 - 5 of 5 Posts