Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
No f’n way! Maxxis tires suck. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
What da heck is that thing? A lazy man fat guys bike that pedals up hills for you? WTF was the point of putting pedals on it? :confused:
Well, ummm...you see ebikes are...umm

Yeah, basically you're correct.:confused:

Ill admit I'm conflicted on e-mountain bikes. Not sure what the use model is. If you want to ride offroad and want electric get an e-MX bike. If you want exercise and riding trails get a pedal mtb. I'm just not sure what the sporting aspect is for e-mtbbikes? Less conflicted on the road, especially for commuting applications.

Once e-mountain bikes become indistinguishable from regular pedal mtb's, they are going to be banning all bikes on many trails (frankly they are damn close already). That concerns me. Would ruin one of my favorite things.

·
Bon Vivant
11,450 Posts
Well I'm part of the problem then...
I don't care about exercise, I dont bicycle for that. I just want to have fun on the trails. I use mine for riding any terrain.
I dont know anything about banning, that sounds like a lot of raving from alarmist egomaniacs. No one has ever said a word to me on the trail.
I do know this, I wouldnt be on a bicycle period without electric assist. personally I think most cyclists are arrogant assholes

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I dont know anything about banning, that sounds like a lot of raving from alarmist egomaniacs.
Nope already a thing. With some limited exceptions, e-bikes are considered motor vehicles and are banned on trails where motor vehicles are banned. At least around me most trails already prohibit them.

https://www.blm.gov/policy/ib-2015-060

I wouldnt be on a bicycle period without electric assist. personally I think most cyclists are arrogant assholes
Explain to me how the 'asshole' within evaporates with the addition of an electric motor? Your either an asshole on a bike or your not. Not sure how pedaling (or not) without sweating changes that.

·
Bon Vivant
11,450 Posts
Explain to me how the 'asshole' within evaporates with the addition of an electric motor? Your either an asshole on a bike or your not. Not sure how pedaling (or not) without sweating changes that.

I said "most" which means not everybody who rides a bike is an asshole - although the spandex brigade around here is trying hard to disprove that...

·
comrade moderator
27,345 Posts
I'd love an e-bike. There are miles and miles of "Rails To Trails" around here running through the Adirondacks. Old railroad tracks that are converted to bicycle and pedestrian pathways, and in the winter, snowmobile trails. I love to ride them but in my condition on a regular bicycle, that's gonna be a pretty short ride. I know, I've tried.
An e-bike would greatly open up there areas for me and many others like me.

And...I can't believe Mike just shared a non-damning picture of something with a KTM logo on it! :D

·
Official Retired Person
7,514 Posts
Interesting. Evokes like all electric vehicles are getting better. I don't want one yet but I'm still watching them.

Saw a couple one the beach this summer with a pair of ebikes. Fat tires, standard looking, fat framed, battery compartment above the crank peddles. Don't remember the brand but I searched the net and found the company's web site. $1400 each I remember! Decent battery life, decent recharge time, and they seemed comfortable. Glad to see there are folks testing these things for me!

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you want to get a heated discussion going, just start an e-bike conversation on a mountain bike forum.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I don´t have one but I understand why folk get them - a large part of the fun of mountain biking is the downhill. With an ebike you get to ride a lot more uphill for the same expenditure of energy, and a lot more uphill means a lot more downhill which means a lot more fun. I get it, they´re not just for fatties :D

Reactions: flynbulldog

·
Registered
161 Posts
I run (2) different types of E-bikes.
(1) Commuter
(1) Mountain
Both are a great ride.
Both have suspensions and make the road time more comfortable than my other peddle road bikes.

The E-bikes are built a little tougher than my road bikes and take a beating better. The road bikes typically cost more per year to run I find.

I wasn’t a believer until I threw a leg over one.
I caution any two wheel enthusiasts to beware of this. I can be come habit forming.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts