Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So reading through the manual I can't find any instructions on how to answer a call, change volume or track. Do you guys know where to get this info? I should be receiveing my Bluetooth headsets tomorrow. If both riders are paired to the system do the same do they have to have the same music source? Does the headset need to be paired to the phone as well, or just the bike and the bike to the phone?

I will be using sena

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,377 Posts
So reading through the manual I can't find any instructions on how to answer a call, change volume or track. Do you guys know where to get this info? I should be receiveing my Bluetooth headsets tomorrow. If both riders are paired to the system do the same do they have to have the same music source? Does the headset need to be paired to the phone as well, or just the bike and the bike to the phone?

I will be using sena

Thanks
I've not sorted out most of the details around using it... mainly because I used for only a short time before I ran into some walls. I had it connected to my iPhone and Sena headset... but it broke things I didn't want broken. The biggest issue is that I got it to play music but it didn't seem able to deal with Audible or Pandora (the two apps I use 90% of the time while riding). It's possible I just need to know how to make them work... but it was easier to just switch back to using the sena controls short term (which work somewhat with apps).

·
Registered
134 Posts
Info on how to answer calls, change tracks, volume etc. is in the Infotainment section of the manual - starting on page 147. You pair your phone to the bike, and each of your headsets to the bike. I think both headsets have to listen to the same music... I haven't tried two headsets yet, but I can't imagine there's any other way it could work because the phone only plays one music source at a time and the instruction manual doesn't imply anything other than 1 source at a time.

I've had the same bluetooth problems as others have mentioned, where the volume up/down doesn't work, and at least once the bluetooth just didn't seem to start up when I turned on the bike. The next time it worked. I've also had some issues with intermittent skips while listening to music - seems the bluetooth antenna on the bike isn't very good. If I just turn my head to the left (so my Sena is pointed away from the bike), I get skips in the music. Hopefully Ducati can fix this - maybe a software update, or an improved or relocated antenna. That said, I LOVE this bike... these are minor issues that I'm sure will be sorted out.

·
Premium Member
3,377 Posts
What about phone GPS?
I used the iPhone GPS for route directions and it worked fine (started the route on the phone not through any bike interface). Sadly it doesn't fix the inherent Sena problem that (other than their new headset) it doesn't allow the phone to interrupt the intercom - so no GPS voice if you've got the intercom running (which my riding group tends to leave on all the time).

·
Registered
83 Posts
I used the iPhone GPS for route directions and it worked fine (started the route on the phone not through any bike interface). Sadly it doesn't fix the inherent Sena problem that (other than their new headset) it doesn't allow the phone to interrupt the intercom - so no GPS voice if you've got the intercom running (which my riding group tends to leave on all the time).
Which sena are you using? I have the smh5 and I could get gps directions from my android when the intercom was active but it would quit after a few minutes and I wasn't sure why. I was thinking it was a limitation of the base model 5. Maybe the smh10 can do more?

·
Premium Member
3,377 Posts
We've all got SMH10's, at least mine didn't even try to provide voice guidance while intercom'ing. The SMH20 can overlay music and intercom so it should have no problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am using Scalarider intercom, and for me the trick was to connect phone to bike first and then switch on the helmet intercom system last. The icons on the bike display turned blue. To answer a call, I pressed down on the menu button, but couldn't figure out how to hang up. Activated player on, and whatever music I had on my phone started playing. A new little window appeared with player controlls.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Personally, I prefer the Sena controls over the Ducati MMI. They allow you to do more, and do it more easily.

·
Premium Member
3,377 Posts
I saw the ad for the app that tracks your trip but I'm not able to find it. Does anyone know more about this?
Not out yet... and I'm starting to get a bit cranky about it... Ducati where is it?

What do I want? Downloadable telemetry! When do I want it? NOW!

·
Registered
299 Posts
I find the interface for switching in and out of the player pretty awkward. I need to read the manual for it but it's not very intuitive. I've been a computer geek for 20 years so, don't usually need to read the manual. ;-)

With my iPhone 6 and G9, it's basically unusable.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Does anyone have a Scala Rider Q3 working properly with the DMS? My Galaxy S5 and Q3 pair fine. After pairing, my phone always connects OK, but my Q3 never connects. The Rider headset icon never turns blue like the phone icon.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It is 4.0, bit I find the system to be useless. It pairs fine to the sena and the phone, but the player controls besides the volume don't work. Also, you can't use the sena button to voice dial a command or contact with it paired through the ducati system. I gave up andaaired direct to senared

·
Registered
299 Posts
It is 4.0, bit I find the system to be useless. It pairs fine to the sena and the phone, but the player controls besides the volume don't work. Also, you can't use the sena button to voice dial a command or contact with it paired through the ducati system. I gave up andaaired direct to senared
My controls all work for the player, do you have the latest updates?

I gave up because of the constant audio interruptions. I was kind of hoping I could control my phone with the bike but have the audio go direct to my G9.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
My 2015 DVT paired with my Sena 20S but will not pair with my phone. I have an iPhone 6+, as if it mattered. When in the process trying to pair the bike and phone the bike's display shows the code of "0000" to input into the phone. It only displays the code for literally a split second when every other device I've ever paired holds the code screen until I input the code. The phone does give me the opportunity to enter the code but only once. When it fails each time I have to turn off BT on my phone to get it to the code input screen again. Same thing happens every time. I just picked the bike up yesterday and was told it had all the latest updates. Is there any point to pair just a helmet comm system to the bike? I can't think of one. This is all hugely disappointing. Being a tech guy I was really looking forward to playing with it. I guess now all I can to is enjoy all the other awesomeness the bike proves when actually riding it. ????

1 - 20 of 109 Posts