casset gearbox
Slipperclutch
Öhlins suspension
CF bodywork

And more

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Oh mercy, I'm saving my pennies. I want two, one for the street and one for the living room.

·
Registered
28 Posts
VERY NICE!

I want one.

A stupid question: have we not been expecting a V - four, but instead I'm reading on ducati.com the following thing: L-four cylinder, twin pulse configuration.

Can someone explain what this means?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Damn ... I just realized that it is not possible to upgrade this bike at all... never thought this would ever happen in a production bike... it has better parts than the parts department, Lol...

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Sam916 said:
VERY NICE!

I want one.

A stupid question: have we not been expecting a V - four, but instead I'm reading on ducati.com the following thing: L-four cylinder, twin pulse configuration.

Can someone explain what this means?
L-4 is a V-4, but they use the L to indicate the 90 degree angle. (edit - thanks to rz33v4 for clarifying).

My understanding of Twin Pulse is (please correct me if I'm wrong) that the pistons behave like a V-Twin would except that there are two pistons "pulsing" at once (instead of ONE-at-a-time on the V-Twin) ... this is different from a normal 4 cylinder bike whose pistons pulsate individually.

If the normal 4 cylinder bike's pistons would pulsate as (by piston number) 1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4 etc... the Twin Pulse 4 cylinder piston's would pulsate as 12-34-12-34-12-34-12-34... the effect is that it distributes the delivery of strength to the wheels in larger intervals of time, which is an advantage in traction over a regular 4 cylinder. ( I could be wrong, but this is my understanding of what twin pulse means).... kind of like an "inverted" ABS.

·
Registered
28 Posts
migz123 said:
L-4 is a V-4, but they use the L to indicate the position or angle as installed on the frame.

My understanding of Twin Pulse is (please correct me if I'm wrong) that the pistons behave like a V-Twin would except that there are two pistons "pulsing" at once (instead of ONE-at-a-time on the V-Twin) ... this is different from a normal 4 cylinder bike whose pistons pulsate individually.

If the normal 4 cylinder bike's pistons would pulsate as (by piston number) 1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4 etc... the Twin Pulse 4 cylinder piston's would pulsate as 12-34-12-34-12-34-12-34... the effect is that it distributes the delivery of strength to the wheels in larger intervals of time, which is an advantage in traction over a regular 4 cylinder. ( I could be wrong, but this is my understanding of what twin pulse means).... kind of like an "inverted" ABS.
Thanks for the info.

And I thought I knew something about Ducatis...

Ok, back to dreaming of the desmosedici...

By the way, does anyone know how much these things cost in Europe?

I know for example that the 999R costs almost 50000 euros in Finland, so assume that the desmosedici would probaly cost in the region of 100000...

·
Registered
94 Posts
I think it's a set price for the RR, and that is 50000 euro...

The 999R in sweden costs about 30000 euro

·
Chilehead
6,982 Posts
Sam916 said:
I know for example that the 999R costs almost 50000 euros in Finland
But about EUR 30.000 in Italy, and CHF 47.990 in Switzerland (CHF 49.990 for the 999R Xerox). The Swiss prices are list, from www.ducati.ch, and include taxes but not delivery (CHF 115).

Tom

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
The "L4" designation means that there are 90 degrees between cylinder banks, not the positioning of the engine in the frame.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Desmosedici Style

OK, an opinion about design. Not bad; certainly Ducati has kept the basic 'Sedici shapes intact.
Not too crazy about the headlights, looking a lot like the 675 Triumph and some of the current Yamahas (just not too original).
The side view is fine, but pretty plain (at least they weren't tempted to add the dysfunctional "barge boards"). Nice integration between the fairing and fuel tank interface.
I really like the tank and tail shapes (the tail does not stop short, leaving the exhaust exit "hanging in the breeze").

The intention was to replicate the race bike; that mission was accomplished well enough.

·
Registered
91 Posts
2 have been sold at my local in Kobe, Japan. They will ring me as soon as the bikes get into the shop one guy I am good mates has toild me I can take a vid of it going and stuff like that as soon as I get the moviw will upload.

I want one of these.

Kiwi

·
Registered
91 Posts
車両本体価格 (予定価格、価格は予告なく変更する場合がございます。)
7,500,000円+ご購入時の消費税
(現金販売価格 7,875,000円 消費税5%で計算、登録に伴う諸費用・税金等は別途)

Holyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Crappppppppppppppppppppppppppp

That is like 70,000US give or take a few dollars.

·
Administrator
6,135 Posts
Well I either am going to have to hold up a bank, or sell Scott's body for money(You are the he-bitch with the magical mangina!)....
Damn, I will have to put that in the "Diablo" category.
Would love to have it, but will never afford it, much less the insurance, group.

Stuff that dreams are made of.

1 - 20 of 141 Posts