Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all-

I just made my 1st upgrade to the Hyper. I'm pretty tall (6'4") and have size 14 feet (48 euro), so a little extra leg room and room to fit my boot between the stock peg and shifter was necessary. My foot actually got STUCK during my 1st ride, and I came close to crashing while trying to un-stick it! :eek:

I had been considering the Ducati Designs adjustable pegs for my MTS 620, but never got around to ordering them. The day my foot got stuck is the day I ordered the DD pegs for the Hyper!

I ordered the silver "race" style pegs with 30mm adjustable arm on Thursday, and they arrived on Monday. Pretty darn quick, especially since DD ships from California, and I'm in NY!

The pegs and arms are billet, and they are beautiful! You can see the attention to detail and design. Very nice. They are light, yet feel totally solid. No junk here. And they look awesome on the Hyper! Like they were made for it. (They are!)

There are 8 possible settings, achieved by rotating the arm around a stepped ring that mates with the peg mounting hinge. This is a well thought out design. The connection is solid yet easy to change with an allen key. Loosen the arm and rotate to the desired position, then loosen the peg and rotate it to taste. Takes all of 15 seconds.

This mod has transformed the Hyper's leg and foot room for me, and makes shifting a pleasure. No more stuck boot! The pegs are very comfortable, wide, and just grippy enough to feel secure.

Highly recommended.

Note that, to install the right peg, you need to loosen (not remove) the two gigantic allen bolts at the bottom of the peg bracket, as well as the huge (24mm) nut on the side of the bracket. Slightly twist the peg bracket to allow clearance so you can remove the peg mounting pin, which otherwise hits the engine casing.

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Nice, i've been looking into the Shift-techs but they are running into a small delay. What does the 23mm, 30mm or 50 off set means, is that the distance from the frame to the outside? What would be the stock distance? 23?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 23/30/50 is the length of the adjustable arm in millimeters. The ones in the pictures are 30mm.

·
Registered
346 Posts
An economical alternative to rear-sets

Hey all-

This mod has transformed the Hyper's leg and foot room for me, and makes shifting a pleasure. No more stuck boot! The pegs are very comfortable, wide, and just grippy enough to feel secure.

Note that, to install the right peg, you need to loosen (not remove) the two gigantic allen bolts at the bottom of the peg bracket, as well as the huge (24mm) nut on the side of the bracket. Slightly twist the peg bracket to allow clearance so you can remove the peg mounting pin, which otherwise hits the engine casing.
I have these Ducati Designs pegs, too, in black. Cranked the adjustable arms
all the way up (instead of rearward) for track clearance. Workin' fine!
The "race" style pegs (with ground-clearance slant ground into under side)
have proven to be plenty grippy for me as well. I really liked the positive
feel of the pegs compared to the stockers, which gave me a vague impression
of where my feet were positioned on the peg. Never got used to 'em, and
didn't want to go any _lower_ by removing the rubber inserts.

I avoided all the loosening of the right side factory bracketry by leaving the
peg pivot pin hanging in the bracket, not completely removed; gave enough
clearance to slip out the peg mount and slip in the new one. The amount of
clearance here may vary a bit from bike-to-bike. Also, with an open style
clutch cover, as I have now, there will generally be plenty of space!

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Adjustable footpegs for GT1000

Has anybody tried these on a GT1000?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts