Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I just recieved and installed the adjustable foot pegs from Ducati Designs. The pegs are beautiful and the experience with Paul Geller was first class.

Paul shipped my order immediately, sent me an email confirming my order and giving me the installation instructions and even realized based on destination that he could save me some money without sacrificing shipping time and adjusted the shipping and sent me a refund! This speaks volumes about his character.

This was a great experience and a great product. I highly recommend these to anyone who needs some fine tuning for their foot position.

Thanks Paul!

·
Registered
20 Posts
All,

I just recieved and installed the adjustable foot pegs from Ducati Designs. The pegs are beautiful and the experience with Paul Geller was first class.

Paul shipped my order immediately, sent me an email confirming my order and giving me the installation instructions and even realized based on destination that he could save me some money without sacrificing shipping time and adjusted the shipping and sent me a refund! This speaks volumes about his character.

This was a great experience and a great product. I highly recommend these to anyone who needs some fine tuning for their foot position.

Thanks Paul!
Pics?

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have the 30mm version and I found you cannot put them in the 90 degree position; My boot would hit the kickstand.I also could not use them in the 45 degree rear position; boot would hit exhaust. I had to use the 45 degree forward position. They look nice and are made well. Haven't had a chance to ride with them because of the weather, so I cannot say if they help any.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The offset works for me...

I have the 30mm version and I found you cannot put them in the 90 degree position; My boot would hit the kickstand.I also could not use them in the 45 degree rear position; boot would hit exhaust. I had to use the 45 degree forward position. They look nice and are made well. Haven't had a chance to ride with them because of the weather, so I cannot say if they help any.
I have them set at 315 degrees or 10:30 on the right side and at 045 degrees or 1:30 on the left side if you look straight at the pegs. The 30MM offset keeps me off the exhaust or kickstand.

My right foot has limited upward mobility after the accident in June so being higher, further back and pointed a little down is the perfect position for the rear brake.

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/ddfootpeg1fu6

[URL=http://g.imageshack.us/img132/ddfootpeg2vd2.jpg/1/][IMG]http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/ddfootpeg2vd2

·
Premium Member
6,919 Posts
Look Again !!

Wooaaa. They look like they are solid mounted. Ever scraped a peg that wasn't spring loaded? :eek::eek:
If you look at the photo it shows them still using original fold up mounting point you dumb arse!:eek::D:D

Craig

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They use the same spring...

Wooaaa. They look like they are solid mounted. Ever scraped a peg that wasn't spring loaded? :eek::eek:
Yes...they use the OEM spring and fold up in the event you drop the bike. Part of the disassembly/assembly is being sure you don't lose the spring.

·
Premium Member
6,919 Posts
You're right-didn't see it-mybad. And don't call me by my first name if we haven't been introduced!:eek:
No offence meant, its practically my second name! Maybe we are related?

Have a good day! :D

Craig

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
ok, two questions on the footpegs. first, how to get the damn c-clip off without mangling it?? are they disposable and you're supposed to replace them with new?

second, I got a set of footpegs from desmotimes, they fit the original mount and have the correct sized holes, but I can't get the pin through the spring at all as it just wont seat all the way. I think the problem is the way the cutout is milled with a rounded bottom, like a "U" vs a square bottom. that slight difference prevents the spring from going in all the way and the pin won't pass through.

has anyone else used LT's foot pegs? I believe they're packaged as Competition Werkes GP Pegs for Ducati.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts