Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I hope that Paul Geller still gets on here from time to time. I have purchased a '02 ST4s which has a DD headlight. I am impressed with it and have a couple of questions that I hope Paul may be able to answer. I love the work that has gone into this light kit as a holistic solution with wiring up grades and good quality lights. The first is with tongue firmly planted in cheek.
Paul are you a Star Wars fan? See the pictures below,
20191231_160512_resized.jpg 20191231_160611_resized.jpg
My son bought me the C3PO key ring for Christmas and said it was for the bike, I spotted the similarity and had to ask.
Are there left and right hand drive versions of the low beam?
As you can see my bike has a comfort fairng, on bike with the origonal fairing the headlight surround fits flush with the fairing, as you can see in the picture my headlight surround sits back from the fairing, is this a comfort fairing thing, I have tried looking at photos of other bikes with comfort fairings and DD lights but I can't find any clear ones. Is this how it should, or do I need to try re fitting the light?
I have read another post where you replied regarding HID bulbs, I have had good success with H9 HID in high beam of my Commodores (I think you have them as G8 in US) and I am cosidering using them in the bike, I have choice of nominal wattages of 35, 55, and 68 which would suit best in a ST4s, I believe we have enough Alternator pwower available to sustain the 68's in both and will the heat be ok in such a small light?
I see that you have ceased production are there any spare parts available should I ever need any?
Thanks in advance
Brett

·
Registered
3,987 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Scroll down a bit here: 98 ST2 to find a close-up from a DT bike with DD lamps. Yours looks fairly close --seems the comfort fairing doesn't fit quite as flush.

That said, you're obviously missing one fastener and being a new-to-you bike, might be worth disassembling, inspecting and reassembling with any missing bits.

DD light and comfort fairing scores a full pair of hen's teeth. Well done!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Scroll down a bit here: 98 ST2 to find a close-up from a DT bike with DD lamps. Yours looks fairly close --seems the comfort fairing doesn't fit quite as flush.

That said, you're obviously missing one fastener and being a new-to-you bike, might be worth disassembling, inspecting and reassembling with any missing bits.

DD light and comfort fairing scores a full pair of hen's teeth. Well done!
Thanks Devo,
Thats the best shot I have seen to show how thw comfort fairing fits. That makes it look like mine is right. Thanks

Yes there are 3 missing dzus fasteners, I have had the fairing all off, and a full service has been done. Belts, Wheel Bearings, head bearings, shims and new battery. New zinc plated bolts to replace the stainles garbage a prevoious owner had put in at some stage. Just have to find my way to Marrackville to get the 3 dzus, then it is all complete again.

Put 55w HID in both lights yesterday, cant wait to take it down the road tonight and check them out. There was not a spot big enough for the 68w ballast to mount anywhere.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Hello, Nice yellow bike.
[email protected] I wonder if the DPP comfort fairing came with the wind screen or if the OE screen fit it? Steve

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Steve
The OE screen has a gap between the bottom of the screen and the headlight.
1578681595911.png

So it must either be the screen that comes with the comfort kit or an aftermarket version for the comfort kit.

1578681366077.png

From this photo and the one linked in Devo's post I have confirmed the fairing does fit proud of the headlight with the OE headlight, so my DD headlight appears to be correctly installed.
Thanks
Brett

1 - 6 of 6 Posts