1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
10,205 Posts
Guess I won't be seeing that Eurosports banner in the background of the CL listings anymore when I go perusing.

Good luck to anyone bidding. Some of the prices are already beyond what the item is worth. :rolleyes: And the lots don't make sense. Who wants to buy 4 crank turning tools at once? They should have make sets with cam holders and other items which would have made them more desirable. Easy to do if they would have hired one of the mechanics for a day to do that for them.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Eurosports Liquidation

I'd used this dealer a couple of times for service, sort of bummed to loose an option out there in addition to those folks losing a paying job.

The last time I looked some of the gear was pretty reasonable. The sticking point for me was having to go pick the stuff up, if I were to win it. This takes a lot of the attraction out of it for me. Good luck to anyone going for it!

·
Registered
562 Posts
I never purchased anything major like a bike there, but have gotten some maintenance parts from them and they seemed like really good folks. Yep, hate to see folks losing jobs like Janky 59 said.

As a friend pointed out to me, if you are bidding, make sure you read the terms and conditions! There is "a 15% Buyer's Premium on the successful bid for each lot" PLUS "26.6% Sales tax for this auction" !

·
Registered
404 Posts
As a friend pointed out to me, if you are bidding, make sure you read the terms and conditions! There is "a 15% Buyer's Premium on the successful bid for each lot" PLUS "26.6% Sales tax for this auction" !
Are you serious? 41.6% added on? They can go pound sand.

PA state sales tax is 6%. Where are they pulling the 26.6% out of?

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Are you serious? 41.6% added on? They can go pound sand.

PA state sales tax is 6%. Where are they pulling the 26.6% out of?
Just checked it out, it looks like the sales tax is in line item 26 of their terms and conditions; a quick glance makes it look like 26.6%, but looking at it closer it is 6%, so not as bad but still with the 15% buyers fee and the 6% sales tax that does make it a little less of an opportunity to pick up some cheaper stuff.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Just checked it out, it looks like the sales tax is in line item 26 of their terms and conditions; a quick glance makes it look like 26.6%, but looking at it closer it is 6%, so not as bad but still with the 15% buyers fee and the 6% sales tax that does make it a little less of an opportunity to pick up some cheaper stuff.
Interesting. I just went back and they changed the formatting of their T&C's, centering the type. theapp is right, It now reads as Item #26... 6% sales tax..(see below). I'll bet they were getting questioned on that (like I was!). That makes more sense... 6% would be the correct PA Sales tax for that area.

6% Sales tax is applcable on some items for this auction.​

·
Premium Member
1,950 Posts
Interesting. I just went back and they changed the formatting of their T&C's, centering the type. theapp is right, It now reads as Item #26... 6% sales tax..(see below). I'll bet they were getting questioned on that (like I was!). That makes more sense... 6% would be the correct PA Sales tax for that area.

6% Sales tax is applcable on some items for this auction.​
Maybe b/c I emailed them about it. It was a typo. See their response below:

Tom Hall Auctions <[email protected]>
11:19 AM (2 hours ago)
to dpecorella

No the sales tax is 6% of applicable items, sorry the . is missing next to 2, 2. 6%

Thank you
Catherine Keys, V.P.
Tom Hall Auctions, Inc

Welcome to Tom Hall Auctions - Tom Hall Auctions

610-799-0808 office
610-799-2199 fax
610-428-7074 cell

·
Registered
315 Posts
I was actively bidding on 12 items, but had discipline, so only landed 3 parts: Carbon side panels for my Diavel and a couple of parts for my Multistrada. Even with auction fees, tax and shipping, I saved well over $500.
I really wanted a few of the scrambler parts, but bidding was more active and prices got too close to List Price.

Fun though.

·
Registered
404 Posts
with tax and fee prices got too high on the 2 things I was looking at. I had to let it go.

Ok, so fess up. Which one of you guys paid $3225 and now has the 20 foot long Ducati sign in your garage? :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts