Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought one of these size 52 (hope it fits) for 519 shipped to my house, they are still on sale for but for 599 now...how "good" are ducati jackets?

i can use and zip ducati pants w/ this jacket, and it has protection all around... i would like to use a protective vest under it also if possible.... would any other pants zip to this ducati jacket?

i've also been looking at different armor type things... how good are those knee/shin gaurds to wear under riding pants?

thanx for all the help in advance... therese so much gear to buy... and i thought the ducati was $$$... (when i lived in italy i wore a tank top and shorts everyday on the bike) but i def want to be protected now!

·
Registered
24 Posts
AFAIK Ducati leathers are made by Dainese, which is generally recognized as high-quality stuff.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I've got the Old Times jacket and the only labels inside other than Ducati are 'M Tech' and 'made in Romania'.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Reducs said:
I've got the Old Times jacket and the only labels inside other than Ducati are 'M Tech' and 'made in Romania'.
M-Tech are former Dainese employees and they used the same zippers as Dainese so they do match up. For 2006 all Ducati leather offerings are made by Dainese, even the old times jacket !

·
Registered
472 Posts
i just bought one of these size 52 (hope it fits) for 519 shipped to my house, they are still on sale for but for 599 now.
Care to share the link or where you got it from? I was at the dealer today and he said he "could get it for me for $600" which sounded like I was getting a deal (retail $680). Judging from your post, it just sounds like an 08 model has dropped in price...

·
Registered
698 Posts
What's wrong with its own armor? If the jacket fits properly then I can't imagine there's space underneath for an armored vest - a chest and back protector yes.

·
Registered
263 Posts
yeah... jackets are getting insane... my Hein Gericke was around $600 5-6 years ago, comparable (or even lesser jackets) are hitting the $700 range

usually you can find a similar jacket, gloves, etc directly from a Dainese dealer for less... just no Ducati logo on it though.

·
Registered
472 Posts
sometimes prices change in THREE YEARS!!
The OP was on Mar 29th, 2006, 7:32 pm
Holy Mother of old posts revived ! : )
:rolleyes:

Honestly, I didn't even check the date... :D
I'm in the market for Ducati Daytona, but the price I'm getting from my dealer is $600 (I believe it's retails for $680)...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts