Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just some FYI posting on my recent experience with Dainese-Ducati gear. Speed pants. Great pants. Size 52 is about a US size 32. Size 54 is roughly like a large us size 34. If your over 6ft tall, this pant will be a bit short, causing the knee slider to run a bit high. I am 6'1", I normally wear a jean size 33. I have the euro size 54 pants. A tad big in the waist, and a tad short but I am hoping break-in will give the knee fit a chance to be perfect. Otherwise these are awesome quailty pants. Ducati does not offer these in perf style, on a 75 degree day they were still not to hot...having just got them I won't be able to test them out on a hot humid day till next summer.

Ducati Corse jacket. Great quality. They run very big at the bottom, not as snug even with the wait adjusted as I would like. I wear a us size jacket 42 to 44. I have a corse jacket, euro size 56. The 54 was to tight across the chest. The jacket zipped to the pants really helps with the pant fit if your tall and have an issue with the shorter pant lenght pulling down.

While I love the jacket I think I am going to sell it for a perf-ed model. The solid leather is a bit warm. It's fine for temps under 75 to 80, above that I think it will get too hot. Fit is very comforitable due to the expansion joints in the elbow and shoulder.

·
Registered
846 Posts
just contributing info for others thinking about buying dainese...

the quality is unbelievable. top notch. safety all around. perforation is also excellent, a "must" for warmer climates.

i am 5'11" and 230lbs, 32" inseam. i am fat in california but only husky here in michigan.

no way could i fit into dainese pants. the 54 or 56 would be the right size could i zip them up, but the 58 has too long of a leg and the armor doesnt sit in the right position (in other words it's useless in a crash). considered custom dainese leathers from the store in san fran but the $1000+ price tag was not in my reach.

i usually wear a 44 or 46 jacket and my 56 euro jacket fits perfect. bought it when i was 10-15 lbs lighter and "grew" into it. never had much slack, even when i was thinner, and would recommend it to people 200+ lbs wearing similar suit jacket sizes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
just contributing info for others thinking about buying dainese...

the quality is unbelievable. top notch. safety all around. perforation is also excellent, a "must" for warmer climates.

i am 5'11" and 230lbs, 32" inseam. i am fat in california but only husky here in michigan.

no way could i fit into dainese pants. the 54 or 56 would be the right size could i zip them up, but the 58 has too long of a leg and the armor doesnt sit in the right position (in other words it's useless in a crash). considered custom dainese leathers from the store in san fran but the $1000+ price tag was not in my reach.

i usually wear a 44 or 46 jacket and my 56 euro jacket fits perfect. bought it when i was 10-15 lbs lighter and "grew" into it. never had much slack, even when i was thinner, and would recommend it to people 200+ lbs wearing similar suit jacket sizes.
Thanks for the input fellas. Just bought a Ducati Corse '09 perf, size 56, brand new for $507 shipped. I'm 6' and in decent shape at 200lbs. I should be getting it on thurs, can't wait.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At 6'1" and 195 lbs the jacket size 56 was the closest fit. 54 was to tight in the back and across the chest. The down side is the 56 is quite a bit larger then a 54. So while the chest & back are a pretty good fit , again the waist is going to be "baggy". You can remedy that by taking the side adjust leather staps out of the loop bar, twist the strap once (it results in making the side strap shorter, then re-thread thru the bar and snap using the 2nd snap. This really brings in the waist so you get a proper fit. If your waist size is greater then 34 or larger no need to do that as you should be able to snug it up just using the second snap.

·
Registered
52 Posts
6'0" and 215lbs. Large shoulders.
My jacket size is 56. prefect fit. 54 is too tight at the shoulders. 58 is just too large around my belly.
Pant size is 56. All my levis are 34.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thanks for the input fellas. Just bought a Ducati Corse '09 perf, size 56, brand new for $507 shipped. I'm 6' and in decent shape at 200lbs. I should be getting it on thurs, can't wait.
Where did you buy it from?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts