Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
It's unfortunate that two countries with quite possibly the most similar emissions standards and safety requirements have to make it so damned difficult to move a vehicle from one side of the line to another. I'm American but live in Canada and I've moved vehicles across a few times and I can tell you: it ain't worth it. I was living in Vancouver, BC and ended up driving my Mustang down and selling it in Washington State as it was WAY WAY WAY simpler and WAY WAY WAY more cost effective than importing it into Canada. I ended up importing a 2009 Vespa scooter that was a GIFT from my bro-in-law and I think it ended up costing me about $2,000. The whole bullshit ITN system, letter of conformity, going through the "Registrar of Imported Vehicles" program on the Canadian end... what a f*cking waste of time and money. The U.S. is so ass-backwards with emissions enforcement, they won't allow you to import a less-than-5-years-old motorbike but the trucking industry is virtually exempt from emissions standards and EVERYTHING moves by truck in the USA. They still have coal fired power plants and the president is pro-fuck-the-planet. The only vehicle that was relatively easy to get across was my 900SS due to its' advanced age...

To the OP, drive it back to Canada and sell it. Leave it with a friend and advertise it on Craigslist or Kijiji. Seriously, unless you have some incredibly strong reason to keep THIS particular bike, cut your losses and buy another one in Cali.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Ah! A fellow 3 Stooges fan.

:smile2:

Nyuck nyuck nyuck! :grin2: I still can catch them on MeTV on Saturdays. Good memories of me and my older brother pokin each others eyes out.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Nyuck nyuck nyuck! :grin2: I still can catch them on MeTV on Saturdays. Good memories of me and my older brother pokin each others eyes out.
NIAGRA FALLS! Slowly I turn ... step by step ... inch by inch ...

:wink2:

41 - 43 of 43 Posts