Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ciao a tutti -

i believe marco (da bull) has one installed on his hypertard ... anyone else running one of these slippers?

·
Duc ... Duc ... GOOSE!
1,928 Posts
You looking at the one on Ebay? I can vouch for its usefullness and effectiveness...wagged the tail and backed it in twice today.

:D

·
Registered
680 Posts
Yes, they have to be stiffer springs, the new generation stock clutches use a softer spring than the 748-999 so you can get away with 4 of them. The only reason Corse uses a 4 spring is so they can put a lock out pin in one of the other holes so they can bump start the engine with the remote rear wheel starter, they they pull the pin out.
I had a spare new 4 spring pressure plate so converted my 6 spring STM hub to 4 post.

Attachments

·
Duc ... Duc ... GOOSE!
1,928 Posts
I went with the 4 spring for 2 reasons - lighter clutch pull (even with the stiffer springs) and just to be different than everyone else.

So far it's worked flawlessly.

John, got your message ... I bought the one off ebay ... will call with more details this afternoon.

Ducshop - I'm interested in learing more about how the lock out pin works. What, exactly, does it lock out and how does it help with starting the bike? Thanks, and sorry to hijack the thread...

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Just because he hasn't gotten back to you yet.....

The slipper does not let you bump start the bike or start it with a wheel starter like the factory racing likes to do. The lockout pin doesn't allow the clutch to go into slipper mode, hence, letting you bump start.

Dave

·
Duc ... Duc ... GOOSE!
1,928 Posts
Just because he hasn't gotten back to you yet.....

The slipper does not let you bump start the bike or start it with a wheel starter like the factory racing likes to do. The lockout pin doesn't allow the clutch to go into slipper mode, hence, letting you bump start.

Dave
Thanks, Dave. Now that you say it out loud it makes perfect sense. I'm having a DUUUUH moment. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
41 Posts
best £300 ever spent.can now change up or down the box dont use the clutch only for setting off,come in to a corner stamp down the box no probs. super bit of kit..........steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts