Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel compelled to pass along my experience regarding Ducati service. On Tuesday, June16, my brother and I headed from Vancouver B.C. to visit some bike shops stateside. He on his ST4s and me on my 2008 Sport 1000. We were headed toward Seattle and about 40 miles out of town my new (only 1200 km) Sport 1000 just quit while underway. My new bike just quit!
We pulled off the seat and checked fuses and pulled a plug wire to check for spark. Both were fine. I couldn't see any evidence of gas getting to the cylinders so what to do. .... I remembered I had this Ducati Roadside Service card in my wallet so I called the number. A jovial voice on the other end expressed that I had probably been infected with the "Ducati Bug" that was going around.......but not to worry we'll take care of you. He pinpointed our location and a towtruck was on the way. The friendly driver took me and my bike to Seattle Ducati where Ralf in service explained that there would probably be a two week wait to have my bike serviced.......ha, ha, .....they had it checked out on the hoist and fixed!!!!......within an hour.
A loose hose to the fuel pump inside the tank was the problem.
I can't say enough about the confidence inspiring service from Ducati Roadside Assistance and the extra special superb service from Seattle Ducati!
All was covered under warranty - no charge to me - even the towing!
Thankyou Ralf and your service team and thanks to Sonny in parts for your exceptional friendly service to an out-of-towner!
Ducati rocks!

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
You guys in Canada and USA are so lucky that over there, the customer is the king:).

Over here across the pond, the customer is the pain in the ass:mad:.

This is not about Duc service (although I do need to book service 8 weeks in advance).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes - brand A (Ducati) roadside assistance gets my "two thumbs up" and Seattle Ducati gets a resounding thankyou as I am not too sure I would have had the same high quality of shop attention and excellent service from my local shops.

·
Registered
970 Posts
thanks for the kind words! Glad to hear we were able to help salvage your trip plans, Ralf and Sonny are great assets to our store along with the rest of the gang here! let us know if we can help in the future..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dave, you have gained a loyal customer and I hope many more by "word of mouth". I shall be visiting your shop many times for my future Ducati accessories. Thanks again.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The Road Side is the best. I broke down on my way out of Killeen once and all I did was make a call. Tow truck showed up and took it to Ducati Austin where they kept it for a day fixed it and I picked it up. I did have a small fee since I was out of the mile range by just a bit. Worth it though. I will always keep that card on me.

Sorry that the customer is an Ass over the pond... I guess we are just so rude that we get what we want!! ;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
even though the accursed bmw darn near killed us, and their roadside assistance stranded us in a seperate incident, the guys at the dealer rocked. ABS modulator went out on an alps pass, putting us in full lockup entering a turn. We kept it up and managed to get to town w/o a collision.

The dealer fed us, gave us coffee, let us use their internet, explained what was wrong using freetranslation.com, and helped us find a hotel with a/c. We sent them VISA gift cards, and customers who helped us store credit for Christmas.

Next time I'll rent a Duc; lesson learned:D

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
...time to move west young man....
Actually this may happen...back to Canada (West), or...all the way to Brunei (Far East on the island of Borneo).

One outcome is good for riding, good beer, but poor for $. The other is good $, motor-riding meh??, and no beer.

What would you all choose?

Sorry that the customer is an Ass over the pond... I guess we are just so rude that we get what we want!! ;)
Actually where you are, when the service is poor, the service ceases to exist. Over here there is "protection", so you can abuse your customers without consequence.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I feel compelled to pass along my experience regarding Ducati service. On Tuesday, June16, my brother and I headed from Vancouver B.C. to visit some bike shops stateside. He on his ST4s and me on my 2008 Sport 1000. We were headed toward Seattle and about 40 miles out of town my new (only 1200 km) Sport 1000 just quit while underway. My new bike just quit!
We pulled off the seat and checked fuses and pulled a plug wire to check for spark. Both were fine. I couldn't see any evidence of gas getting to the cylinders so what to do. .... I remembered I had this Ducati Roadside Service card in my wallet so I called the number. A jovial voice on the other end expressed that I had probably been infected with the "Ducati Bug" that was going around.......but not to worry we'll take care of you. He pinpointed our location and a towtruck was on the way. The friendly driver took me and my bike to Seattle Ducati where Ralf in service explained that there would probably be a two week wait to have my bike serviced.......ha, ha, .....they had it checked out on the hoist and fixed!!!!......within an hour.
A loose hose to the fuel pump inside the tank was the problem.
I can't say enough about the confidence inspiring service from Ducati Roadside Assistance and the extra special superb service from Seattle Ducati!
All was covered under warranty - no charge to me - even the towing!
Thankyou Ralf and your service team and thanks to Sonny in parts for your exceptional friendly service to an out-of-towner!
Ducati rocks!
I had a similar problem with my sport 1000. This was a recall notice many years ago. If you just bought your bike and this happened I would being yelling at people you bought your bike from. I had this happen when I was doing 85 mph in the left lane on the highway. You could be killed in this situation.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Yes - brand A (Ducati) roadside assistance gets my "two thumbs up" and Seattle Ducati gets a resounding thankyou as I am not too sure I would have had the same high quality of shop attention and excellent service from my local shops.
I believe you were very fortunate to be dealing with Ducati Seattle....,
Had it been more local I think the tone of this thread would be different.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I believe you were very fortunate to be dealing with Ducati Seattle....,
Had it been more local I think the tone of this thread would be different.
Yes, I agree, and I believe very strongly that when we find a shop that offers excellent friendly service we really should support that shop with our accessory and service needs even if it means riding a few extra miles.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts