Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I own two of these. This one just came in the mail today. So I figured before it's put away with all the Ducati stuff I'd snap some pics to share.

As you can see from here the camera is very complete. Its got a few different lenses, A carring case, strap amd has the film canister.

Top of the camera...

Here it is with the bottom off and the canister ready to be loaded in. Ducati cameras didn't use a shutter system. Its the fabric that was timed to move across to let light in on the film. Something very different just in like those desmo valves.

These are very rare to find now days. It will be sitting pretty next to my Ducati radio,condenser, other camera and some singles parts like older tire air pumps.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
It appears to be a close copy of a Leica. The cloth focal plane shutter isn't that unusual. Leica used it from the 1920s to the present. It's also what's known as a half frame camera. The negative size is 18X24 mm, half the size of the standard 24X36 mm format. This gives 72 exposures on a regular 36 exposure casette.

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
How many megapixels?
Does it take a SD card? ;)

Seriously though.....very nice score. Do you have any Ducati radios also?

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
very impressive, where did you find them?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Those are pretty rare. They come up on fleebay about once a year. But almost all have to be imported from the motherland.. :mad:

But to own one is a great story piece. People come over to the house and see the old singles in the living room and as like oh nice. Then you show them the radio and cameras. They then think your crazy after that. :D

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
My old Maico had a Ducati magneto for ignition, but that was made by the sister electrical company.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts