Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, does anyone have the ducati branded bag that comes with the urban pack? I want to order the urban pack in addition to the touring pack that my bike came with.

I want to know if the clear pocket is big enough for an iPhone 8 PLUS? in all the pictures it looks like an older smaller phone. If thats the case, then I think ill just order the Ducati top box by itself and order the givi bag direct from them

·
Registered
576 Posts
The pocket is not large enough to accommodate some phablets. I use a Nexus 6, and while the phone fits, it's too long for the pocket and the bottom of the screen is barely visible. IIRC, the iPhone 8 Plus is even larger.

·
Registered
259 Posts
If it’s basically the same one as this non-branded one, my 8 Plus barely fit. Like, I would worry about ripping the seams over time. And that was with an extremely thin case. Maybe if you have no case at all...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
259 Posts
Also, I am going to sell mine because it ended up being too small and I went with the larger size. I don’t run a tail bag or top box, though.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I had my iPhone 6 in the clear pocket of my tank bag, playing music over Bluetooth with the screen off. It shut down repeatedly due to over-heating. I now use a Quadlock phone mount or just put the phone inside the tank bag.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My phone iphone 7 and iphone 8 both overheat when i travel with gps and bluetooth on in the tank bag.I sence just stopped putting it there and ride it in my jacket now. Thinking of buying a Ram mount for the phone.

·
Registered
259 Posts
My phone iphone 7 and iphone 8 both overheat when i travel with gps and bluetooth on in the tank bag.I sence just stopped putting it there and ride it in my jacket now. Thinking of buying a Ram mount for the phone.

I have a RAM mount with two short arms and handlebar clamp mount for sale of you’re interested.

·
Premium Member
4,256 Posts
Hey, does anyone have the ducati branded bag that comes with the urban pack? I want to order the urban pack in addition to the touring pack that my bike came with.

I want to know if the clear pocket is big enough for an iPhone 8 PLUS? in all the pictures it looks like an older smaller phone. If thats the case, then I think ill just order the Ducati top box by itself and order the givi bag direct from them
So it's a cool idea... but it realistically doesn't work unless it's pretty cold out. I put my phone (iPhone 4S at the time) in the clear cover ONCE and it overheated and shut off before I reached my destination. The pocket is neoprene and with the sun shining onto the phone there's no place for the combined phone heat and sun heat to go. I had this idea of using the phone gps and connecting the power so it could run - but the gps really heats the phone up quick. So it didn't work as a convenient phone gps location, and I'm not sure why you'd use it for anything else.

Edit - I see I'm not the only one who learned this lesson :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had my iPhone 6 in the clear pocket of my tank bag, playing music over Bluetooth with the screen off. It shut down repeatedly due to over-heating. I now use a Quadlock phone mount or just put the phone inside the tank bag.
I have both the tank bag and the quadlock too. On long trips I keep a nice portable charge in the tank bag and run the iphone wire out of the convenient hole in the front of the bag. I can keep my phone GPS and music going all day. If it gets too hot and sunny, I just through them both in the tank bag to keep them from over heating.

When I stop for any length of time, I charge the bluetooth in my helmet to keep that going too.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the replies guys, really gives me something to think about. I want the triple usb power tap for sure, so I guess I just need to find a suitable tank lock bag

·
Registered
259 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts