Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awww man.... I'm the lastest victim of the check engine light illuminating and error message. It intermittently comes on and I only noticed it today. The check engine light stays on for 3 mins then goes off. I have no idea how to replicate it when I send bike to dealer.

What does this mean? What part is bad now? I've already had the starter motor changed.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update - I had to call dealership to get status on my bike after dropping it off three days ago. They noted several engine error codes when plugged into thier diagnostic system and cleared codes. They could not reproduce check engine light after clearing the error codes. I'm now sending videos of incidents of the check engine light illuminating on and off. I trust they can figure it out, well at least I hope. Pray for me, lol.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Airwood,

I've had the same symptoms, mine was caused by bad lamba sensors, first on the horizontal cylinder header and then a few weeks later on the vertical cylinder header.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Airwood,

I've had the same symptoms, mine was caused by bad lamba sensors, first on the horizontal cylinder header and then a few weeks later on the vertical cylinder header.
Thanks. I'll pass this info to dealership when I speak with them later today.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like I may get my baby back tomorrow. Dealership said the error codes found were related to dash being out of sync with the ECU and/or other sensor. All error codes are cleared and was told bike is good to go. I know many of you heard this before but I hope this is actually true. I'm surprised they didn't find anything wrong.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got my bike this weekend from dealership and was told all is good. Rode for 30 minutes then check engine light came back on, smdh. I rode a fun 200 miles yesterday with check engine light coming on and off throughout the day. I'm not too upset as there was no performance issues. Anyway, I'm sending bike back to maybe another dealership.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I finally got my baby back and installed the metzeler m7 rr shoes. I like these tires much better than the stock tires.

At any rate, dealer replaced o2 sensor under warranty. Hopefully this would be it with the issues because I had a blast on the way home. ImageUploadedByMO Free1458785080.282149.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1458785096.224316.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
5 Posts
The tire choice depends on where you live and what you ride. In greece you have mostly hot temperatures on the tarmac, so pirelli's got a lot of grip but dont last long.

I personally love the metzeler, it lasts about 2 times as long as the pirelli stock tyres and the feeling is so damn awesome!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I agree with hyper_moto regarding the feeling on the road.

The tires warm up quickly and I haven't experienced any slipping unlike the pirelli.

The grip on the road is so real that I feel much more comfortable pushing the bike.

I had the stock tires for 5k miles with a day or two of track days. However, the metzeler will manage more miles from my experience with the brand.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I agree with hyper_moto regarding the feeling on the road.

The tires warm up quickly and I haven't experienced any slipping unlike the pirelli.

The grip on the road is so real that I feel much more comfortable pushing the bike.

I had the stock tires for 5k miles with a day or two of track days. However, the metzeler will manage more miles from my experience with the brand.

thats not the reason. metzeler and pirelli are nearly the same. metzeler belongs to pirelli and most tires are "baken" in the same factory.
the reason is because m7rr has to be compared to diablo rosso 3, not the pirelli supercorsa, which is a much more track tire and really bad in wet conditions.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I picked up my Hyper 939 SP from the dealer on Saturday; it was back in there on Tuesday morning after error code flag and engine light.

Vertical lambda sensor error. They didn't replace it, as they couldn't replicate it and the CEL had switched itself off by then even though it had gone into limp mode at the time.

i hope it's not a sign of things to come. Limp mode would be dangerous at hell if it came on carrying speed/lean angle.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've been through the same nonsense at a dealership. I took the bike to another dealership and they simply changed sensor. This is the first phase of the sensor going completely bad. I haven't experienced any performance issues though.

It's ridiculous Ducati is still using the same sensors after several years of knowing that these sensors go bad.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
946 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts