Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a battery tender of sorts and ran across this - Ducati Battery Trickle Charger (DU69924601A) | Pro Italia.

Was wondering if anyone has used this and what your thoughts or reviews are. Looks more reasonable than a Battery Tender and seems to hook straight into the docket under the seat cover of my Streetfighter.

Feedback?????

·
Registered
72 Posts
Looking for a battery tender of sorts and ran across this - Ducati Battery Trickle Charger (DU69924601A) | Pro Italia.

Was wondering if anyone has used this and what your thoughts or reviews are. Looks more reasonable than a Battery Tender and seems to hook straight into the docket under the seat cover of my Streetfighter.

Feedback?????
How is that more reasonable then this Deltran Battery Tender Jr 12 Volt Charger Maintainer Trickle Truck/ATV/Race Car | eBay

or even better this is my favorite model of battery tender

Detran battery tender plus 12 volt 1.25 amp trickle charging system car boat ect | eBay

·
Temporary greeter
23,076 Posts
There is no socket under the seat of your SF, but any pigtail will fit under there. Sorry, no experience with this one. I use a ctek and the waterproof pigtail fits great under the SF seat cowl.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is no socket under the seat of your SF
What is this thing, then??? I just assumed it connected to the battery. That was my whole reasoning for wanting the Ducati Battery Trickle Charger....not having to remove the tray and hook up to the battery terminals.

·
Temporary greeter
23,076 Posts
Search DDA

Ducati data analyzer connection. The S models come with the device, an accessory on the standard models.

Just about every charger comes with a connection pigtail. You can see mine in the right of this picture. It fits under the cowl and you do not have to remove the tray to get to it. I did cut a notch in the tray where the wire goes through so the wire does not get pinched.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Search DDA

Ducati data analyzer connection. The S models come with the device, an accessory on the standard models.
Crap! Just when I thought this whole battery tender deal was gonna be easy. Not that it's a ton of work...but I'd much rather just plug and play without having to remove the friggin battery cover tray.

(sigh)

Thanks for stealing my joy, Wonway :rolleyes:

·
Temporary greeter
23,076 Posts
Crap! Just when I thought this whole battery tender deal was gonna be easy. Not that it's a ton of work...but I'd much rather just plug and play without having to remove the friggin battery cover tray.

(sigh)

Thanks for stealing my joy, Wonway :rolleyes:
I'll try better next time. :p

2 screws out of that tray and you are at the battery connection. Don't get much easier than that. ;)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Search DDA

Just about every charger comes with a connection pigtail. You can see mine in the right of this picture. It fits under the cowl and you do not have to remove the tray to get to it. I did cut a notch in the tray where the wire goes through so the wire does not get pinched.

Sweet! The pigtail thingy will help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts