Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my 'subscription reminder' for the Ducati Assist service in the mail a few days ago. (My 2 years free is shortly to expire).

It's only $110 bucks for the year, but as there are several other options availble.

Any comments on the Pros' and Cons' of Ducati Assist ? (in oZ ?)...

I used'em once when my fron tyre blew out on the M2, and it was all smooth. But I was lterally only 15 mins from my local dealer at the time, and the breakdown was very urban.

On another occasion I was way out bush, and felt it was actually easier to call a friend who understood where I was.

Cheers,
Witto.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I have called them twice: first time was after we were rammed from behind by a blind motorist, and they couldn't help... "yes I understand your bike has broken down sir, but it wasn't a brake down now was it"

The second time was for the porous head issue, and I was very impressed with the guy that came out to pick up the bike: purpose built "bike van" with ramps, tie-downs, etc and I was very confident the bike would not get (more) damaged. This one call-out alone would be worth the cost.

I am debating it myself as I have bike cover with RACV but I wonder how experienced their "blue singlet wearing truck drivers" are with bikes on their flatbeds.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Not sure about "Ducati assist"

I recently had a full puncture on my 2011 Multi. No way to repair roadside. I called Ducati assist and they did answer on a Saturday afternoon ( should not be a big win but these days ??) They gave me a 2 hour tow window in the L.A area. I called AAA and and they were there in 40 minutes. I dont think I will continue the service when it expires..

·
Registered
26 Posts
but I wonder how experienced their "blue singlet wearing truck drivers" are with bikes on their flatbeds.
They are generally excellent, Ive had several bikes towed and seen a few mates also on generic flat beds from sportsbikes to cruisers.
They are all more than capable of tieing it down safely.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
They are generally excellent, Ive had several bikes towed and seen a few mates also on generic flat beds from sportsbikes to cruisers.
They are all more than capable of tieing it down safely.
Glad to hear it!

I have seen a rider and truck driver standing by the side of the road scratching their heads trying to figure out how to get the bike on to the truck. If the bike's not running you'd probably have to winch it up. This might be tricky: how/where do you attach the winch cable/hook/strap?

·
Registered
26 Posts
theres two ways on a flat bed.

Some have a bike wheel holder, like those on trailers, that the front wheel sits in and the bike is tied down into it. This then gets winched up the flat bed.

Otherwise, the tray tilts back, you push the bike on just enough to get both wheels on (not hard at all). Then you stand with the bike and the driver levels up the back with you holding the bike. then you push it forward and tie it down.

·
El lobo solitario
103 Posts
Otherwise, the tray tilts back, you push the bike on just enough to get both wheels on (not hard at all). Then you stand with the bike and the driver levels up the back with you holding the bike. then you push it forward and tie it down.
I've definitely had experience with this option using BMW roadside assistance.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
this is how mine got onboard after my ducati assist call..

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the responses guys... im thinkg i might keep the service as an alt. but get one of yhe local options going as well. Im more concerned with location coverage I guess.

cheers,
Witto.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts