Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a place to order some Ducati gear (leather jacket, gloves) from the US that ships to Australia? I tried a site sponsor however they don't ship to Australia. I'm sure I can find someone myself online, however personal recommendations go a long way for me.

Thanks in advance,
Stephen

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Try http://www.newenoughhp.com/ mate, I have got some gear through them - fast shipping and good prices.

Edit: They may not do Ducati Apparel though... Fleabay?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply. I won't use ebay internationally and these guys don't carry Ducati branded apparel. Anyone else?

·
Registered
985 Posts
Can't imagine why any US dealer would not ship to Australia, as there's nothing special about it. I've head several items shipped from

www.ducatiomaha.com

Great folks, fast shipping. They'll order anything that they don't have in stock.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stephen

If you wish, have it shipped to me (PA, USA) and I'll forward it to you. Send PM.

Nimi
Wow, very kind gesture. I'll go looking for a place and then will pm you. Really appreciate the offer Nimi

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would recommend a parcel forwarding service. They give you a US address so when you make your purchase, it gets shipped to that address and from there it gets forwarded to you. MyUS and BongoUS are probably the biggest companies, Shipito would be the cheapest and the only one I've actually tried.

·
Registered
96 Posts
ducati apparel

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a place to order some Ducati gear (leather jacket, gloves) from the US that ships to Australia? I tried a site sponsor however they don't ship to Australia. I'm sure I can find someone myself online, however personal recommendations go a long way for me.

Thanks in advance,
Stephen
schuffo, Try TT Motorcycles in Michigan, US. They have tons of jackets and stuff there and they have 40% off all their leathers/jackets/shirts.....everything. This is the best Ducati dealer around. Lots of stuff. Plus excellent mechanics. They installed my termi's a couple weeks ago. wooohooo.

http://www.ttmducati.com/index.php

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
http://www.pure-ducati.com/default.aspx

I've used these guys, and have been very happy. Great selection, very knowledgable about fit, materials, etc., ship world-wide, they're quick, big on customer service, and give you discounts on future purchases if you take a few minutes to provide a review of them.

·
Registered
555 Posts
for anyone looking at the leather stuff on eBay, the pricing is extraordinarily cheap but all the stuff is of course fake copies. It's all made and shipped directly from Lahore, Pakistan. The sellers are set up on eBay in Australia and UK (possibly others as well).
I bought a two piece Yamaha branded leather suit, even had the size and design custom made (within a list of options). Another time I bought a Ducati Meccanica SC take-off jacket.
Clearly they are selling throughout Europe as well because the inside tags were in German, English, and French.
Quality and fit were good. For you Aussies out there, similar quality to the R-Jays stuff.
My Ducati jacket is a take-off on an $800 jacket here in Sydney. My fake one cost me $185 delivered to my door within two weeks. Am I happy with it? Damn Right! Is it equal quality to the official Ducati jacket? no. Does it really matter? Not at all. After a couple of months with the jacket nicely worn in, it now actually looks and feels like a REAL retro jacket.
Ducati made enough margin off me when I bought my SC at list price with the Termi's and every damn time I need an official Ducati part. That's part of the package. But, I draw line at their suggestion they can rip me off on an $800 price tag for a leather jacket when most on the market are under $500. The fact that I got a "take-off" $615 less that what Ducati wanted to charge me brings a smile to my dial. :)
Moral of the story?.... those "fleabay" deals are good ones.

·
Registered
555 Posts
one more thing though.....they're not really Aussie summer jackets. Rest of the year, great. Aussie summer?...they're too hot.

·
Registered
325 Posts
for anyone looking at the leather stuff on eBay, the pricing is extraordinarily cheap but all the stuff is of course fake copies. It's all made and shipped directly from Lahore, Pakistan. The sellers are set up on eBay in Australia and UK (possibly others as well).
I bought a two piece Yamaha branded leather suit, even had the size and design custom made (within a list of options). Another time I bought a Ducati Meccanica SC take-off jacket.
Clearly they are selling throughout Europe as well because the inside tags were in German, English, and French.
Quality and fit were good. For you Aussies out there, similar quality to the R-Jays stuff.
My Ducati jacket is a take-off on an $800 jacket here in Sydney. My fake one cost me $185 delivered to my door within two weeks. Am I happy with it? Damn Right! Is it equal quality to the official Ducati jacket? no. Does it really matter? Not at all. After a couple of months with the jacket nicely worn in, it now actually looks and feels like a REAL retro jacket.
Ducati made enough margin off me when I bought my SC at list price with the Termi's and every damn time I need an official Ducati part. That's part of the package. But, I draw line at their suggestion they can rip me off on an $800 price tag for a leather jacket when most on the market are under $500. The fact that I got a "take-off" $615 less that what Ducati wanted to charge me brings a smile to my dial. :)
Moral of the story?.... those "fleabay" deals are good ones.
got a link?
could only find a melbourne based seller with a few new corse replicas.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
I have bought a few jackets, when they were on sale, from Ducati dealers in the USA. Never had a problem.
There is also a place in the UK that will sell Ducati merchandise at a reasonable rate.

·
Registered
555 Posts
dHARMA,
try going on to the eBay UK site.... ebay.co.uk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts