Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard someone remark the other day that a recession was great – Most people have still got the same income and everything’s on sale! To prove how hard it is to sell motorcycles in the current environment Ducati has anounced today another sales promotion entitled FORZA DUCATI which offers 6.75% financing on the entire range amongst other things. Details here

·
Registered
312 Posts
Is it a desperate move, or is it a smart business decision to make some additional bikes go out the door, sort of taking advantage of the whole situation?

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
So, why is this a good deal when I can get 0% from Ford?
If Ford didn't own a finance company and they sold under 9000 vehicles in the US in 2008 rather than hundreds upon hundreds of thousands I don't think they'd be offering 0% financing :D

It's all relative and it is a good deal in terms of buying a high end non-essential luxury item like a Ducati.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hmm...wonder if my 996 qualifies as a trade in...
ya it would but I wouldn't do it, cuz they'll give u pennies for it and you'll miss it

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Are you buying a Ford? Then go get one...are you buying a Ducati? Then go get one of those...don't get the two confused.
Now let's not get testy. I was asking a question. That's all. Some posters actually tried to answer it.

·
Premium Member
3,709 Posts
Now let's not get testy. I was asking a question. That's all. Some posters actually tried to answer it.
Didn't mean to sound testy, Bruce. I was simply stating that if you were going to look for a Ducati, they've given you the incentive on buying one, where as if you were looking for a Ford, they're giving you incentive to buy one of those, too. If you're going to get a Ducati, why would you use Ford as an alternative for a purchase?

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Does the streetfighter qualify for this incentive???

·
Registered
46 Posts
Does anyone have any more info on the trade incentive part? I am looking to go to an 848 which qualifies for that. What does that mean for a trade in on my 696 in terms of incentives as they describe?

·
Registered
2013 Triumph Street Triple
90 Posts
Last year you could buy a Ducati with 0.99% financing.

6.75% is certainly low for a motorcycle, but it's not even close enough to get me into a dealership.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Even if they were selling 1198's for $500, I still wouldn't be able to afford one now!!!!

Incentives are nothing when you can't afford anything!!

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
.......................................... If you're going to get a Ducati, why would you use Ford as an alternative for a purchase?
Not as an alternative........just trying to understand why one manufacturer of vehicles can make an offer that is so different from another. I understand that one is a bike and one a car but on some level they are both goods. Just trying to understand how it all works.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts