Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new book is now available in Australia. It is purely a photographic tribute to the author's connection with all things "Ducati". I was given mine a week ago and the quality is very good.
The photographer is Phil Aynsley, well known for his lens work. He also has a website with some of his photos...try google. The foreword is by Troy Bayliss with further comment by Ian Gowanloch, who may not be as well known in the States as he is here in OZ.
It has no numbering and I am not going to count but looks like about 200 pages. There is some description of some of the photos in the rear of the book using thumbnails.
Price here is $100AUD. ISBN 978-0-646-51731-5 Sales enquiries to [email protected]

·
Premium Member
12,357 Posts
Computers will never take over just sitting down and flipping thru a good book ,

$100 / 200 photos , large format I'm guessing? Quality paper , photographers knowledge and skill and artistic talent, all adds up to a good deal...

Do people know who to read a book these days ? I'm talking not to dog ear the pager , have clean hands. not breaking the spine etc

Time Life used to put out some very good quality books .

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
side issue

Scott2 said:
..... Do people know how to read a book these days ? I'm talking not to dog ear the pager, have clean hands. not breaking the spine etc
Thank you for that one, Scott. You're echoing my Mom who used to be a librarian before she and my Dad got married. I do know very well how to read and treat books :) and agree that (too) many people mistreat theirs.

Would definitely love to "read" this book

RonB

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Phil is on the bevelheads mailing list. The book has been talked about there, and the solution to getting it in the US was to order multiple copies to spread out the not insignificant shipping cost, and then re-distribute them once they arrive here. If they are available from any of the typical booksellers, Phil didn't mention it.

I think the deadline for getting in on the bevelheads deal has passed though...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts