Looks kinda like a shark. I like it. :D

·
Registered
835 Posts
thats exactly what i was gonna say!

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
It's alright but give me all that Holsten in the background of the first pic instead.

·
MultiModerator
1,419 Posts
picture #3, what's the hydraulic line on the clutch cover?

·
Registered
184 Posts
that bike is probably one of the best looking ducatis ive ever seen and the extent of the mods on it are crazy

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
vduc said:
picture #3, what's the hydraulic line on the clutch cover?
its got a wet clutch

·
Registered
184 Posts
I also love the ram air they put on it and where they put the fuel cell

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
after reading the article in perf bikes,i was let down there was no ride review.the article goes on about all the weight lost,the weight lowered and centered yada yada.lets face it ,give anybody a new 999r and finances to do whatever they want,you going to have something special.

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
he (Thorsten) posts over on the speedzillia rc51 boad and some times the speedzillia ducati forum. the impression i got from him was that ducatis are crap, so he felt it was up to him to show just how much of a POS the 999 was by redoing the bike himself but to german standards. it's been said before that with a lot money you could have done this sort of rebuild too, maybe even better.

i do like the cable clutch that he switch to from a hydraulic clutch.

·
Super Moderator
8,215 Posts
oneducs said:
i do like the cable clutch that he switch to from a hydraulic clutch.
I was wondering where you got that info, but it´s clearly stated in the specs. Mechanically operated "wet"clutch.

Sorta makes you wonder why he put it there.. i can´t see them being THAT much lighter (2.6 kg´s) but I´m not sure what he is counting as part of the clutch.

It´s a VERY nice bike, but abit extreme for me. The lines have vanished.. he might aswell put a TL1000 engine in it and do it for less $$$... :sleep:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts