Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a new oil cooler for my 999 on Ebay. I paid $58 for a $639 part. It is an authentic Ducati part no doubt, but what I found interesting is that the "KTM" logo was pressed into the top of the oil cooler.
Just found this interesting......does KTM actually make this part for Ducati? or does a vendor make this part to fit several brands?

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
the ktm coolers were recalled because of splitting seams.this happened in 03-04.use at your own risk

·
Registered
357 Posts
Yip, that's right. I have an '04 999 and when doing the oil I noticed that the cooler had KTM stamped in the top. Mine's been fine...No issues..yet...

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
O/T but I have a Gilera RCR50 which has 'Ducati' branded alternator and CDI unit - do you think it will breakdown?.... :D

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
I had the original oil cooler on my S4RS and had the KTM stamped on it, I think KTM is who makes them and Ducati is who uses them.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I believe my 999R doesn't have the KTM oil cooler, so my mechanic said (I haven't actually examined it yet!). My Laverda has a "Ducati" starter solenoid and that packed up ha ha.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Heck , my Husky 610 offroad bike has Ducati on the ECU!!!

Mix and match 'em

Cheers,
Mark

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the ktm coolers were recalled because of splitting seams.this happened in 03-04.use at your own risk
Hmmm, the Ducati parts box it came in says country of origin: Austria ! so it is what it is I guess. As far as the recall issue, this particuliar oil cooler was made few years ago. Hey my winning bid was $58 for a $639 part ! what does it matter. My tech guy says that KTM made the O/C for the 999 up till the very end and for replacement parts to this day?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I believe my 999R doesn't have the KTM oil cooler, so my mechanic said (I haven't actually examined it yet!). My Laverda has a "Ducati" starter solenoid and that packed up ha ha.

My R has KTM stamped on the oil cooler as well.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Some KTM reps at the Cycle World Show last autumn told me that KTM makes the radiators and oil coolers for Ducati. They were unsure of any other parts that KTM made/makes for Ducati.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts