Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get the spark plugs out, what is the easiest way to do it?

are there any tutorials online. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
The rear bank, you need to lift the tank up. You can life the tank/seat/tail fairing all at once. You dont need to remove each piece. The front one, you need to move the radiator a little bit i believe.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
undo the tank like you did for the belt cover.that will give you enogh room for the vetical cyl.remove the 10mm nut that holds the coil pac and firmly wiggle and pull to release the coil.remove the front engine cover (3 allens) (will also need to remove the fairings or at least undo the bottom fairing mounts)for access to the fwd cly and do the same.the plug socket in the tool kit works well if you grind the outer edges slightly for clearance when its in the sparkplug hole recess

·
Registered
53 Posts
Most fuel injected motors have a flood clear mode. I have done it several times with my 03 999. It's WOT. Hold it at WOT and crank it. Make sure your battery is good. This will bring in only air and no fuel and dry the plugs out for you. No need to take the plugs out.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Most fuel injected motors have a flood clear mode. I have done it several times with my 03 999. It's WOT. Hold it at WOT and crank it. Make sure your battery is good. This will bring in only air and no fuel and dry the plugs out for you. No need to take the plugs out.
+1

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
thank you for all the help, the WOT did the trick.
It was strange the way it cleared out. Before I took off for a quick spin I check to see if there was exhaust coming from both pipes and that was the case. When I took off down my street, the bike seemed very sluggish when suddenly , it was like a turbo kicked in. It ran fine after that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts