Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i am searching the net now for over 6 months and can not find an answer to my question. I hope my english is good enough to subscribe my problem. i have a ducati 999 facelift with the black swing arm. it was build in 2005. After i bought it i decide to build a cafe racer out of it. my knowledge about building bikes was zero, but as we know you grow with your challenges. I decided to change the dashboard to this one: EVO2 Dashboards | Dashboards | Aviacompositi and thats where my problem starts. As we know the sensor for the air pressure is build in in the original dashboard. So i had the idea to take a sensor of a Monster S4RS and connect it to the harness. My bike has the ECU from magneti marelli called 5AM.
the original sensor in the 999 dash sends the information via can bus to the ECU. If you look at the wiring diagram you realize that there is no pin on the ECU to connect an external sensor. so the first question would be where to connect the sensor to the ECU. when this is done the question is what kind of modification has to be done to the software on the ECU that makes the ECU able to wirk with the informations coming from the sensor?
I talked to a lot of experts and till now there are two suggestions.
The first one is to take a 998 harness and the ECU, but is the 59M, which is older and as i heard also fragile.
the second one is to take the harness of a monster S4RS which have the same ECU like my bike but unfortunately the monster has different throttle valves. That means that the timing has to be changed in the ECU and also the quantity of the fuel injection has to be changed, but i don't know to which value.
i don't want to change the ECU to a ignijet or something else and i can not believe that no one ever made a dash change with an external air pressure sensor.
I am really curious about your solutions. Thank you in advance
Greetings from Hamburg, Germany
Renato

·
Registered
46 Posts
I haven't done this but would suggest using a complete harness like the 998's. I feel like this will be the easiest path. A challenge is one thing but unnecessary harness tapping gets really hard to diagnose quickly. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts